Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day 49 - 34 days to go... 3 miles and running

Nothing exciting to tell ya about today.  Nothing gushy or philosophical...   I was to do a 3 miler today and I did.  I ran for the longest I ever had - I did my 5 minute "fast walk" warm up and then ran until I hit 3 miles!  I think that was running for around 38 minutes or so.  I ran between 4.2 - 5.2 depending on how fatigued I was feeling and how fast the song on my i-pod was.  I'm looking forward to better weather this week and getting outside again.  The treadmill is getting OLD!



The Jersey Shore marathon people ask that you do not use headphones for this marathon.  I'm hoping that's a rule I can kind of break.  My music is super important to me and I'm not sure I could comfortably run for 13 minutes without my i-pod, never mind 13 miles!  Do you know if this is a standard rule or is it unique to this race?  Do you think they enforce this kind of thing?   I am not afraid to be a little bit of a rebel on this one because I need all the help I can get but I also do not want to disqualify myself.  ugh.  could you imagine?   Thoughts on this?  Ang, what are you gonna do?

XO
Jen

4 comments:

Unknown said...

iPod baby!!! I think the Disney Half asked us not to wear them either but I did. You can't really get disqualified. Well, I guess you can if you cut the course or something. Worse case scenario we'll have to sing to each other! :-/

Unknown said...

lol -- "we'll sing to each other"... that's a good one. You better start practicing the black eyed peas and Guns and Roses! ha! :)

The Skårtist said...

oooh if I had known there would be singing involved in this run I might have signed up.....

Unknown said...

Oh, Sara -- this is becoming a snap and a twirl away from a broadway play... or an aerobic class in Hollywood! ;)