Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 23 - 60 days to go & 19 days to my first 5K


Well, thanks to Nicole's urging I decided to sign up for my first 5K it's a walk/run thing on March 21st.  I'm excited for it but also a little bit nervous... I'm hoping that this isn't so hard for me that it freaks me out for the big event!

But I think it'll be ultimately helpful to get my head into what a race feels like so I'm taking the plunge.

I've had a tough last few weeks and today I felt it.  I'm still sad about Jazz.  I really wanted to plunge my head into a bag of fast food or a pizza box today.  I refrained.  I ate an orange instead.  Old habits die hard and somedays I miss stuffing my feelings, pulling up a seat for my pity party of one.

Today was a rest day and I chose to take it.  My knees and hips were feeling a little tight (I ran hard Sat, Sunday and Monday) and thought it would be best to completely lay low and let my body get caught up.  I tried yoga on demand.  I tried that for about 11 minutes found it annoying and decided to clean my house instead.  Someday I hope to find an appreciation for yoga - today was not that day.

Tomorrow I get back on track (literally!) and back to the training.

xo
Jen

7 comments:

Angybby said...

Hee hee. Yoga is an acquired taste. We can go to a granola class next time you're here in LA. A hot hippie guy will be a better teacher than the TV.

Unknown said...

lol... we'll see. An actual class with a real person? yeesh. No escaping there.

Angie said...

I really like the Wii fit plus for Yoga. You can pick and choose which moves you do and that way you can learn them at your own pace in the privacy of your own home. Let me just say, "Side planks suck." OK they are quite possibly one of the most awesome poses that I do, but they really really burn. :-)

Oh BTW - I took the plunge and started my own WL blog out here in the real blogosphere. It is baically my WW blog posted for the world to see. :-)

Unknown said...

Cool Angie -- I love that Wii fit, a friend has it. I can't afford to invest in it yet but I hope to in the future.

What's your blog? I'd love to follow it!! I'm a WW member too - I'm pretty active on those blogs over there and I love my meeting.

Angie said...

I'm actually in on your Team Pink - that's how I found out about this blog. My online blog is angieswljourney.blogspot.com if you are interested. I beleive i'm on your friends list (ajohnson1992) and that you may have even commented on my blog today. :-)

Angie said...

Oops - you didn't comment on my blog but I think you are on my friend list. That cute kitty looks familiar on the profile pic.

Unknown said...

Oh wow, Angie!! I didn't realize that you were my biggest loser buddy :) That's so cool! :) I recognized you by "ajohnson1992" lol... I did comment on your blog -- it's really good!