Saturday, March 13, 2010

day 34 - 49 days to go... the scale is still not my friend


Bah.  Up AGAIN.  It's just so cruel.  Especially sitting next to this woman...

"I'm so excited.  I lost 4 pounds and I haven't been to weight watchers in a month and ate McDonald's for lunch all week!  I don't know how I did it but whew.  Awesome!"  Must have been the soda.  I cut coke out of one meal a day and it's done wonders.

Yeefriggenha, lady.  Awesome.  You know what's awesome?  The restraint I'm showing from not smacking you in the head.

Oh?  How did I do?  Great.  Ran 15 miles this week, ate 6 apples, 4 bowls of oatmeal and ate a bowl of plain iceberg lettuce as my best friend ate some monster burger and cheese fries at Johnny Rockets and I *only* managed to gain .2!  WOOOfriggenHOOO!

I cut out regular soda, butter, milk, icecream, bread, most sugar, mayonaise and cheese in 1984.  I've got nothing else to cut out.  I know.  Maybe I can give up air.  Maybe that last glass of water of the day is doing me in.  I can give that up.  Surely, that'll get the number to move.

OH BAH HUMBUG.  It's fine.  I'm fine.  Just venting a little.  I know all about the muscle and the inches... blah, blah, blah.  Just complaining.  I feel a little ripped off is all.  I really thought that really watching my food and exercising every day of the week would move those numbers - and 1.6 pounds in  34 days is not what I had in mind.  My husband can lose that if he eats just half his bagel one day in the week!  SIGH...  I gotta go.  I'm on my way to the gym.

XO

Jen

4 comments:

The Skårtist said...

I have no words of condolences for your lack of loss....

but seriously?!! You ate a bowl of lettuce? while your friend ate a burger? wow!!!

Unknown said...

LOL - thanks Sara. I really did. Iceberg. With a few sorry pieces of diced tomato. The "garden" salad at Johnny Rockets is a sorry sight.

Unknown said...

LOL!!!! Literally! I'm sorry but your sad tale is very entertaining. It may be my favorite post. (Writing wise, certainly not content.) I won't give you any bogus pep talk. It's bullshit and you should be annoyed.

Unknown said...

Well thanks, you know writing something funny comes before losing weight any day of the week anyway! So it's all good :)