Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 44 - 39 days to go... Cravings

It's day 44 - they say it takes 21 days to create a habit -- I guess by day 44 or so, it becomes an addiction. :)

It's odd, on days that I don't run I'm thinking of running.  Looking forward to the next challenge.  My hip, knee and ankle still feel a little sore - I'm pretty sure the hip and knee will work it's way out once I lose a little more weight and continue to get stronger.  But because of the slight aches, I decided to "cross train" today instead of run.  I power walked uphill and used weights but the whole time, I was practically craving to break free and sprint.  It's a little crazy.  Crave running?  HUH?  Me?  In my life, I've craved cigarettes, vodka, ice cream, chinese food and boat loads of other crap but craving a run?  This is a first.

I've worked out lots in my life and I've always enjoyed exercising but would always savor my days off. Even though I liked exercising I can't say I ever loved it.

When I run, I feel like everything clicks in my life.  I feel amazingly connected to my body and heart.  I guess this is where the term, "runner's high" comes from.



Tomorrow the plan is to run for 3 miles, rest/cross train on Thursday and run 5 miles on Friday - and I'm looking forward to every minute of it!!

XO
Jen

No comments: