Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 9 - 136 days to go - a mile for mayo

Son of a bitch.  Foiled again, people.  In our move and rushing around, The hubby and I decided to drive thru Burger King.  I'm still trying to lose weight so already I'm a little panicked.

Now i haven't had Burger King in at least a year, so I wasn't sure what I was going to order.  Maybe a whopper jr., no cheese, no mayo?  Maybe a salad with nothing?  Ugh.  It's been a while, so I was surprised to see the option of a "Morning Star" Veggie burger.  OK, score.  I'm not naive enough to think this is a perfect meal - the all white bread sesame seed bun is not awesome and there's a good chance that there's some kind of added fats snuck into the veggie patty but it is better than the Whopper with Cheese I was beginning to kind of fantasize about...

So we drive away and pull up to the new place.  Husband digs into some monstrosity of a burger (that I kindly told him will leave me a widow if he keeps that up... yeah that went over big...) and I dug into the veggie burger... that was slathered in mayo.  REALLY?  Mayo?  How about a little heads up on that one.  I would've asked for them to hold it if in a million years I thought mayo might cover my veggie burger.  UGH.  SOOOO annoying.  And listen.  Mayo is delicious.  In the day it was my favorite condiment.  So did I throw it away?  Hell no.  The mayo was probably the best part of the effing veggie burger - but that, is besides the point.

I friggen hate when seemingly healthy food choices go bad.  Don't you?  Don't you hate when you go to a restaurant really trying to make a good choice only to learn that instead of the grilled chicken salad you could've ordered the BBQ Ribs combo and still would've eaten less calories. It's just wrong.

Anyway, so I was feeling guilty and once again wasn't going to run today because it was a full on day of lifting boxes, packing and moving but once I got my son situated and my husband on the couch, - those sneakers called to me... Burn off the mayo, baby.

I didn't have a lot of time - Hubby had to go in 15 minutes so I threw on the sneaks and bolted around the hood - about a mile and a half and did it at a 5.3 pace partially up a very steep hill.  I was panting and sweating but I made every second of that 1.5 count and I think I burned up the mayo!

XO
Jen

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are a rock star Jen! I'm so inspired!

Unknown said...

LOL -- inspired by my psycho-ness of worrying about a little mayo. I should eat it more often! ;) Just kidding - thank you, Ang. xo

The Skårtist said...

Take that Mayonaise! ha ---
PS - I like the Burger King Veggie Burger! I usually eat mine with a side of fries slathered in gravy and cheese (it's a canadian thing). Good for you for running it off. Balance!