Monday, May 17, 2010

Day 13 - 132 days to go - out of sorts

This moving thing has really thrown me off!  My eating has been atrocious and I really am not looking forward to having to weigh in on Saturday.  It's going to be scary - I feel puffier.  I'm trying not to freak out.  Life happens.  We (actually, I, I can only speak for myself) - I can't be 100% perfect all the time.

I have to figure out the grey area and not get tempted into chucking it all because of a few rocky, stressful days of take out and eating on the go.

Thank God for that 5K yesterday I really needed it.

For the record, when I posted the time yesterday, I gave myself a full minute by accident.  After doing the math and looking at my notes, I did it in 36:53.... I guess it was wishful thinking that I thought it was 35:53!  Oh well.  Kind of like when I first started going to Weight Watchers 10 years ago and told the lady that I was 5'7 only to learn that I was 5'5.  The horror.  I mean I truly believed I was 5'7, so it was sad and shocking to all of a sudden be 2 inches less.

I'm still satisfied with the time, according to Map my run the pace averages to 11:54 and the speed 5.04... breaking the 5 mph mark makes me happy :)

Anyway, here are some pictures from yesterday's 5K:

Frannie and I pre-race:


And here we are post race - victorious!















Hope you all had a fantastic Monday, see you tomorrow.

I think I'll try to get in a run tomorrow.  Need to get back into the groove.

XO
Jen

5 comments:

Frannie said...

So true... I don't know about u, but there's something about accomplishing a goal that can actually throw me off balance... I did the run, felt great, then ate like crap the last two days! It's like I had to give myself permission to slack off because I worked hard the week prior. However, what's done is done and we just have to keep getting out there!

The Skårtist said...

I met a model on set on Sunday. She was pigging out at the craft service table. The conversation lead to her eating habits. She claimed that when she gets on set she has already gotten the job and achieved her goal so she allows herself to eat whatever she wants. The reason she says she does this is because she has to be so disciplined the rest of the time when she is trying to book the jobs. I thought that sounded reasonable. (She also said she allows herself to eat anything on sundays!)

Unknown said...

Oh those models and their eating advice! ;)

I actually think my eating has turned to crap more because of the stress of the move and the new job. My routine is all out of whack. New neighborhood, living in boxes, haven't had time to grocery shop yet AND struggling to find internet so I can post the NJ.com blog that I'm getting paid to write!

I have been down the "reward" eating route already and I think I'm pretty good with that. It's the stress and out of routine thing I have to figure out now! I'll get there.

Frannie you're rocking! Feel like signing up for one in June?

Frannie said...

Yes yes yes... any specific June date? I need the motivation... see my next response to your next day's post which I wrote before this one!

Unknown said...

OK -I looked here first and will check out today's comment. I think it's June 6th in Tenafly and I'm on the fence about it but maybe if you jump I'll jump!