Friday, May 7, 2010

Day 3 - only 142 days to go! Tempting, tempting...

Hello there and happy Friday!

A few of you have said that you might want to take up running - BRAVO!  If you look down to the right of this blog, there's three different links for training.

If you are a beginner and never really ran before, start with the About.com link to run 30 minutes in 3 weeks.

Once you've got that, move on to the 1/2 marathon training guide.

If you are already an expert runner and considering going for the real deal - the bottom link is a 26 mile marathon training guide.

So decisions, decisions.

My running buddy Angela, just told me she's going for a full marathon on Dec. 5th in Vegas - It's called, "the Rock n Roll" marathon.

Rock and Roll?  Vegas?   Wow, if they were handing out shots of tequila instead of shots of gatorade i would've already signed up!  Sounds like my kind of race!

Anyhoo -- I'm really, really tempted to sign up for the full.  I mean what an enormous challenge - it would be a huge feat to go from barely being able to run for a minute in February to running a full marathon in under a year.

I don't know what I want.

I mean for all my BS yesterday with Want VS Can't...  JEEZE am I being challenged.

I am afraid of failure, I am afraid of it hurting, I am not sure I can commit to any type of long run day that would equate to five or six hours of running.  OMG!  Yet, there's a nagging voice, somewhere... maybe it's from hell for all I know but this voice is saying, "Go for it."  And then there's the voice that is saying - "what are you nuts?"  But then again, that voice told me I was nuts when I decided to run 13.

Sigh.  I've got to give this some thought.

In the meantime, I decided to do an easy 2 miles today.  It was a fun run and my best pace (4.9 - sooo close to that 5.0 or better I'm striving for!)

XO
Jen

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You can do it! You can do it! You can do it!

Unknown said...

lol, maybe, maybe, maybe!!

Frannie said...

Jen... you know one day you will sign up for that full Marathon... whether it's right away or you give yourself a little time... it sounds like you're set on doing it... just not sure when!