Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 4 - only 141 days to go! Saturday Weigh in

Well, I only lost .4 or something at WW this week -- even running a marathon doesn't make it fall off :)

Eh, it doesn't even make me mad anymore.  I'm working hard, I'm feeling good and my blood pressure is excellent (120/70 as of yesterday!) Life is good and I'll get to my goal weight sooner or later - even if it's .2 or .4th of a pound at a time.

I did a VERY short run today - I have a lot going on and limited time but I thought a little spin around the neighborhood couldn't hurt.  It was only a 1.25 miles but I tried to pick up the pace since I knew it was short.  I did it in my best pace yet (5.2 mph!)  Sooo happy to break the 5.0 mark even if it was such a short run.  (It's about an 11.5 minute mile...) I'm getting there!

Tonight I get to wear my size 10 dress.  :)

If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right.
Henry Ford 


I thought I'd post this quote off the heals of the can vs. want blog from Thursday night.  I loved it when I found it.


For the record, I'm still not sure about whether I should sign up for the full marathon in December.  A friend told me (and he meant no harm) that marathons are for athletes -- that they are miserable and that people who've run their whole lives run them.  "13 miles is one thing, Jen and I have no doubt that your heart and head could do it but physically, you might want to give yourself another year..."


Huh.  Well if anything makes me want to do something, it's the desire to prove someone wrong!


We'll see, for now I'll keep thinking about it.


Have a fab Saturday and Happy Momma's day.


XO
Jen

5 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL!!! Oprah and Valerie Bertinelli aren't athletes. And what about Charles Sayles who finished the NJ full marathon in 6 hrs and 16 minutes in that BLAZING heat and in the 70 - 74 yr age group! Athlete? I have no doubt that they are miserable in parts, just like the half was. But the experience was anything but! I know your friend meant no harm but all I can say is HARUMPF!!! I've spent 2 years on the fence and dammit I'm signing up for it now! Kiana is too and you have inspired Stacey who's starting the 3 weeks to 30 minutes tomorrow and wants to run a full marathon! Karen can come root us on and do tequila shots!

The Skårtist said...

did someone say Tequila shots? Bring it on...

The Skårtist said...

PS. I loved the want vs can't post. In theory I would love to accomplish something as dedicated and ambitious as running a marathon but in reality I don't think I really want to a)put the effort into training and b)run for that amount of hours in a row. I've always said "I can't" but you are right, I obviously don't want to!

Unknown said...

Ang -- that's so cool about Stacey!! And I'm impressed with you girls for going for it! I'm so tempted I'm gonna give it a few more days of thinking before leaping but don't be surprised if I'm complaining about my 4 and 5 hour long run days ;)

Sara -- Thanks -- I think it's empowering once we embrace the want vs can't thing - it truly is our choice and deciding that running 26 miles isn't your bag isn't such a bad choice!! lol

Frannie said...

So how many have u already inspired to run?! You have me doing a 5k and maybe a half in September! Keep dreaming big!