Tuesday, May 25, 2010

day 21 - 124 days to go -this just sucks

*WARNING:  This blog will contain lots of whining.  You are cordially invited to my pity party.

So it's been a rough few days.  Yesterday I went to the doc to have my toe looked at and it was determined that the nail would have to be removed!

OUCH.  That sucked.

And what sucks more is that it's tender and I can't even get a sock on, never mind a sneaker.  Not to mention that walking kind of hurts.  Running is out for the time being.  Here's a picture of my toe all mummied and bandaged up.  Booo...



Grumbling.

Of-course, I had to travel with bum toe to LA last night - and while here in La-la land, I had images of running along the beach, taking in different paths, feeling fit, and generally just feeling healthy.  Now I'm just (trying not to) feel grumpy.

Pout.  I can't even wear cute shoes to my meetings... WAHHHHH!

Oh well.  Hopefully it'll start to ease soon.

I am trying to count my blessings which are:

-I don't have any big races coming up - this could've happened a day before the 1/2 and I would've been beyond devastated

-I still have nine good toes

-It's late May opposed to mid-January so wearing flip flops, acceptable and practical

-I can hobble around pretty well -- some people get injured and they can't walk

-My hands are still in working order - all fingers are operating perfectly

So there's always the bright side, I guess.

XO
Jen

4 comments:

Frannie said...

Go you with the positive attitude... even if you have to fake it at times, it can still work!

The Skårtist said...

if you didn't want to run with me you could have just said so. But the whole bandage thing is a nice touch. lol.


just kidding -- believe me I DON'T want to see what's under there!

Unknown said...

I am trying to remain positive -- The doc put gauze on it that's now adhered itself to the wound. AWESOME. Been soaking it for (no exaggeration) 8 hours and it's barely budging. I think I'd rather break my arm than think about ripping the thing off. UGH. Good times.

Frannie said...

Yuck. No fun... how is it feeling now?