Thursday, May 20, 2010

Day 16 - 129 days to go - running around the new town...

I'm feeling overwhelmed with stuff.  The new NJ.com blogging job is a blast.  It's a gig that's got my name all over it.  Writing, saving money, chit chatting with people about all kinds of stuff when it comes to shopping and deals - bring it on, but, it's a week in which I moved to a new house and I just feel like my plate is starting to over-flow.

Today I ran for about a half hour.  It was nice.  It was probably a little shy of 3 miles and I really need to get motivated for pushing myself a little more.  I feel like I'm copping out on these 20-30 mins runs.  I guess they are better than nothing but not really a good excuse for slacking.  Although, I truly believed my run was longer (and further.)  I got totally faked out.

I run without a watch.  Since this was my first time running around the new town and I kind of lost myself in a maze of neighborhoods - I lost track of time.  It didn't seem like I was out there too long but when I passed a clock in the middle of town and it read 10AM (exactly a half an hour since I had left the house) I believed it.  I figured it took me another 15 mins to get home so I guestimated that I had been running for about 45 mins by the time I got home.  I was wrong.  The clock was broken and I had only run for a 1/2 hour.  C'est la vie.

I'll try again tomorrow.

xo
Jen

2 comments:

Unknown said...

30 minute runs are perfect for maintenance. Don't beat yourself up. You've got a lot to do and still a couple weeks (maybe 3) before you should start your 12 week half marathon training. You're doing just fine. Better than fine!

Unknown said...

Thanks Ang. I am hanging in there!