Friday, April 16, 2010

Day 66 - 15 days to go - NINE miles... NINE!!

OUUUUUUUCH!!!  Nine miles!!

I think I'm feeling pretty good about that but the pain radiating thru most of my body is blocking the path to  the part of my brain that would normally be bursting with pride...  In fact, I think the pain has opened a new pathway to, "Maybe running 13 miles is not your best idea ever."

Ouch.

That ouch was the sound of me smacking myself in the head for even letting that thought cross my mind.

Of course it's a good idea and it'll seem like a better idea tomorrow when my body is feeling better.  :)

To get thru it, I did tell myself a few times, "it's "only" 3 miles, 3 times..." LOL -- do you remember what an accomplishment it was for me to run my first 3 miles!?  I do:  Day 24: 3 miles

And I'm really proud of the fact that I ran for one whole solid hour until walking!  New personal record. I was feeling really good the first hour, it wasn't until hour two I started to fall apart.

So I really enjoyed listening to a few new tunes.  "Lay All Your Love On Me" from Abba was really fun to run to.  I also did enjoy, "Run to you" Bryan Adams and the Jovi, "Runaway" tune.

And I also added "Get Back" a Ludicris song I happened upon.  The beat really works but...

the problem with (some) Rap is the lyrics.  With charming lyrics such as, "Get Back m'f*cker you don't know me like that..." and "I came, I saw, I hit 'em right in the jaw..." (This was the "nicer" lyrics by the way) this might be good for you Karen and Sara to train for your next Warrior dash.

I have a personal problem with the concept of "packing heat" and "watching the bitches get drunk," but other than all that - great song.  HA!  ;)

Ironically rap isn't a genre I would think I would like and in real life, it's not really my bag but it works in running for me.  As does a lot of rock that I wouldn't think I'd like.  Go figure.

Next week ten miles and then I taper off.  I honestly am getting a little scared.  It was really hard today and I didn't think I was going to make it but here I am, still standing and still running.

XO
Jen

3 comments:

The Skårtist said...

When you say it like that "it's only 3 miles 3 times" it really does make it sound doable! And obviously it is totally doable because you did it!

Wow, I'm in awe yet again.

So 13 miles is only 3 miles 4 times with a cherry mile on top!

Nicole said...

WOW! You are rocking it out girl...Great job!!
You are too funny about the music. It's true, excercise has a way of expanding your musical horizons. I too am always desperate for new music so I will share some. I use this when I'm on the spin bike, maybe they work for running too.

Imma be-Black Eyed Peas(picks up@2 min)
Just Fine & Work that-Mary J Blige
Let's go crazy-Prince
Love Stoned-Justin Timberlake
Telephone-Lady Gaga/Beyonce
Pon da Replay & Shut up and Drive-Rihanna
Rie y llora-Celia Cruz

love these...now for my cringe worthy picks:

When I grow up-Pussycat Dolls (yikes!)
She Bangs-Ricky Martin (can't believe I admit to this one)
Absolutely Not-Deborah Cox
100% Pure Love-Crystal Waters
I have a thing for cheesy 90s music..LOL

Hope this is helpful oxo

Unknown said...

thanks - guys!! Sara, yes, that sounds waaay easier (ha!)

There's nothing "cringe-y" about workout music. My workout selection (or as my husband would call it, "the music debacle") just needs to be like that... including everything from, "I'm Coming Out" from Diana Ross, to "Rat In a Cage" Smashing Pumpkins to now Ludacris!!

Anything that keeps us going :) By the way, I have a thing for cheesy music from any decade ;)

I'm so going to check out those songs!!

xo