Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day 79 - 4 days to go!! Ready or Not...

WOW!!

Here we go - only four days left!  

Got back in the gym today and ran for 3 miles.  Felt really good and miracle of miracles - my I-Pod came back to life!  Yippee!!  Thank you Lord for small mercies.

So, there's some good news and bad news - the good news is, I think I'm going to keep this blog going past the marathon, I've really loved writing it and a few of you have said that you'd miss it - so I figure that I should keep this thing up.

The bad news is (or good depending on the day) I'm going to have to come up with an entirely new finish line to shoot for in order to justify keeping this going...

Well, what does every athlete do after winning their big game?

They go to DISNEYLAND!  And I think I might just do that too -- Labor day weekend - Disneyland has a cool race thru the theme park -- what could be more fun than  dressing up like your favorite Disney character and running 13 miles thru a theme park as Mickey and Co.  cheers you on and rides like "Magic Mountain" and "Small World" wait to usher you back to your youth?


OK, stop laughing.  Yeah, there are a lot of things that could be more fun but no matter!  I think I'm going to sign up for this (at the suggestion of running buddy Angela) where our new challenge will be to run the entire 13 miles without ever stopping to walk -- and with an obvious desire to improve my time.

Just have to run it by hubby and see if I can swing it.  Will keep you posted!

Hmmm, I always wanted to channel my inner Tinker Bell.

XO
Jen

9 comments:

Azrhiaz said...

I wish you the best of luck on the run, Miss Jen and can't wait to hear about your experience with it!

Should you choose to do the Disney one, make sure your costume is comfortable. My Dash costume was made out of the fabric that covers ironing boards, so suffice it to say, my butt was pretty damn hot by the end of the run! LOL

You should do the Catalina Island Triathlon with me and Angela. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks, Karen!

If I come to LA to do the Disney marathon, you know you're doing it too - right? Just saying ;) I'm not as good as you girls with the costumes, I may throw some wings on my back or something but I'm pretty much sticking to Addidas apparel.

Sure, Triathlon. I'm all over it. If I win the lottery tonight, I'll do it -- that way I can get a really hunky trainer to help get me triathlon ready. LOL.

Though, that is on my "to do" someday.

NicoleDunn said...

Great idea for a superb ending to your journey Jen!

The Skårtist said...

OH jen, it's already been decided that you would make a great Cinderella Princess!

Unknown said...

thanks Nicole -

Cinderella! I think the little girl in me swooned (just for a minute) over the mere thought of it! ;)

Frannie said...

I think you should definitely keep the blog going with a new goal! Soon enough, you'll be blogging about your first full marathon.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Frannie -- you never know!! I'm keeping it going!

Azrhiaz said...

I'm not crazy enough to run a half marathon, sorry!

Unknown said...

Eh -- "Crazy?" This come from someone who ran through mud and over barbed wire running something called, "Warrior Dash." hmph.