Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day 80 - 3 days to go!!

"If you want to become the best runner you can be, start now. Don't spend the rest of your life wondering if you can do it." --Priscilla Welch, who won the 1987 New York City Marathon at age 42


OK, Loving that quote.

I think what makes it so profound is that you can take the word "runner" out and plug in any big goal or dream you have and it's totally relevant.

But for now, I'm keeping runner in there...

And Priscilla won the NYC marathon at the age of 42 - go on with your bad self.

Anyway, I read this great article today it can be found here:  Tips to get you motivated to run  -- number 1 tip was "start a running blog."  :)  I'm bookmarking this page for those days I just want to skip training.  I guarantee that you can't get thru ten of them without finding at least a little motivation!  There was some really great advice so if you are serious about running, definitely check it out.

This was a good one too:  five ways to break through road blocks  -- ahhh where were these articles the other day when I really needed them!  

So, my three mile run yesterday made me a little sore because since I cockily was thinking to myself, "pfff, this is only 3 miles," I decided to do a lot of speed work (well speed work for me - which is probably normal running for others.. lol) and I really pushed to run fast and do sprints.      I think I'm going to stick to the eliptical or bike the rest of the week - maybe a little power walking but no running.  I want to feel 100% for race day.  Can't wait!

XO

Jen

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I know it's stupid but when it says NO comments it makes me sad, so I'm commenting on my own post for psychologically uplifting reasons :) lol

Unknown said...

Awwww..... You rock!

Unknown said...

LOL - I'm a dork... Thanks Ang.

Frannie said...

Oh no! I only didn't post because I checked the blog on my small phone screen... I think you had day 79 twice and I didn't realize it was a new posting!!! I'm glad I checked again... you're so close and still have everyone's support. I know I'm new to your blog but after reading all the posts, I feel like I've been there from the start!

Unknown said...

:) Thanks, Frannie - I can't believe you read all of them. Quite impressive.

Unknown said...

Crap! I did post day 79 twice... LOL I'm losing my mind.