Tuesday, February 9, 2010

No more "weighting"

One thing about being overweight and on the "chunkier" side most of your life is you get really used to "waiting" to do things... waiting until you're just the right weight.

I'm a lifetime member of weight watchers, I've lost lots of weight over the years - Currently I've been losing weight (slooooowly) but losing.  Started in Oct. 07 and to date I'm down 57 pounds.  I still have 25 to go.

But back to the waiting.  I've always wanted to do this marathon thing, splurge on designer duds, take a salsa class but there's always a thought in the back of my mind "when I'm at goal weight."

Well.  At this rate, I might not ever get to goal weight.  I could get hit by a bus, a million things could happen - and what?  I'm sitting around not living my life to the fullest.  That's ridiculous.  So, no more waiting or weighting for me.  It's just doing... besides if training for a half marathon and then running 13 freakin' miles doesn't get me way closer to my goal weight, then really nothing will.

Aside from that, I'm feeling pretty proud of myself today.  I did some freelance work today which required me to be in the city early and get home on the late side.  I had to cook dinner for my family, spend time with my son, bathe him and see him to sleep... and then I left the house for the gym... at 8PM.

Now, this may be really unremarkable and unimpressive to many of you, especially for you single people sans bebe's... but for someone like me, who is usually PJ clad and ready to climb into bed with a snuggly blanket, and an episode of Biggest Loser, (especially after putting in a whole day of working and running around...) well this was huge.  HUGE.  To the point that my husband was baffled, confused and even worried, "who is this woman and what did she do with my wife?" Seriously, it may as well have been 1AM and I was telling him I was going skydiving... that's how out of my norm that is.  But I'm so glad I did it - like I was a rebel against the old Jen who would've not even considered figuring it out.  The old girl who would've immediately thought, "crap, too bad I couldn't get it in - impossible.  What am I supposed to do?  Go in the middle of the night.  Gym probably isn't even open.  I'll just "wait" for tomorrow."  And I would wait for tomorrow and tomorrow it's supposed to snow and then what?  Wait for the next day?  The next week?  The next race?

Nope.  not for me.  No more weighting.

Jen

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! Congrats! Now you've inspired me! I'm the one that blew off all the training. NO MORE!

Angie said...

I love your new blog! What a great way to motivate others and keep yourself motivated. I look forward to following your journey.

Unknown said...

thanks xo

Cali_In_Jersey said...

You're right. What the hell am I waiting for!?!