Sunday, February 14, 2010

Day 7 of training! One week down and 76 days to go!

Happy Valentines Day!

First off, thanks for sending the play list suggestions - Awesome and I have running music for miles now! :)  At some point I'll compile all the song suggestions I got into a master list so you will also be able to check them out.

I made it through my first week of training!  YAY!

Today was a little tougher because I read on-line this morning that if you're training for a marathon inside on a treadmill that you should increase the incline to 1 as it's a little closer to the exertion of running outside.  I definitely felt the difference, but no matter - I got through it - huffing and puffing but I did it.

Training for this thing is really empowering.  What has always held me back is thinking that I can't.  I truly believe that this marathon is going to really do a lot for me.  If I can do this, then I can do anything!

NO MORE FEAR OF FAILURE FOR ME!

I have two goals for this training to lose 15 pounds by race day and run 13.1 miles.

Have a lovely Sunday, see you tomorrow.  xo
Jen

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on week 1!

Unknown said...

thanks! I'm feeling this!

Angie said...

Way to go Jen!!! One week down is a huge accomplishment. I truly enjoy watching your progress and am thinking that I should start training too. I think I'll focus on a 5k thouhg, don't think a 1/2 marathon is in the near future for me. Maybe when I get a bit closer to goal.

Unknown said...

that's great Angie! I'm still 30 pounds from goal.... if you doc says you are good enough shape, I say pick a 5k and start training now! You can do it!