Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 15 - 68 days to go -- The Secret


I finally watched The Secret last night.  It's been around for a few years and somehow I never got to check it out.

I liked it, there were some creative decisions that seemed a bit hokey but for what it was I thought it was pretty good.  The big secret seems to be the law of attraction -- "dream it and be it" type stuff.  Lots of suggestions on visualization exercises, feeling appreciative of what you have, living in a state of abundance.  Made sense to me.  I'm all about this kind of thing... Reading Jack Canfield (he was in The Secret,) led me to the marathon and this blog.

I definitely keep visualizing getting over that finish line the day of the race and if this journey has taught me anything, it has taught me that the power of your thoughts do have huge influence.  My facebook status is a Henry Ford quote:  "If you think you can do a thing or can't do a thing, you are right."

I love that quote.  It's on the money.

My training went well today.  the drill was to run 4 minutes and walk for 1 (total of 20 minutes) with 5 mins on either end for warm up and cool down.  I wound up running for 4 mins the first drill, 5 mins for the second drill and then I decided to run for 8 mins straight instead of breaking it up.  I'm not running very fast for most of the time -- in fact the girl next to me was using the speed I was running at, as her warm up walk.  OY.  But I can't really worry about that.  I just need to focus on getting used to running for a long time and then I'll worry about speed.  I've got 3 1/2 hours to get to the finish line on May 2nd and I intend on doing that...  You hear that Universe?  I am going to finish the race in under 3 1/2 hours! I can visualize the finish line and everything...

Eh, while I'm visualizing, figure I might as well visualize looking this fit and young and in good lighting, too.  Why not?  Hey there's a finish line and she looks happy so this will do! :0)



xo
Jen

PS:  Angie thanks for becoming an official "follower" lol -- I'm up to six people following :)  Very nice.

No comments: