Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Life goals and other stuff

A little known fact about me…

I'm a computer file hoarder. I have stuff on my computer for years. Lots and lots of dumb shit I don't need or will ever need but I have a problem "permanently deleting" stuff… Ya just never know.

Today I was looking for something in my 80 million files and came across a document named:  100 Life Goals.

I probably have no less than 10 of these types of lists but this one was particularly interesting because I wrote it in 2005 - What were my goals back then?

Here's a sample - check out #71...



So, somewhere between having a crazy time in Vegas, hiking and learning about world politics - I thought I'd run at least a "5 mile marathon." Who knew there was such a thing as a 5 mile marathon? Jeeze and I've been wasting all this time running 13.1 and even doing a 26.2… I wonder if I can get a  sticker like this for my car but with the number 5?


And speaking of life goals… A couple of weeks until I find out about the NYC marathon. I went to the website today to poke around (and get excited for the drawing) and then read the fine print of the lottery… Ugh. Only 8% - 12% of lottery entrants get selected. I'm going to really need to pour some positive vibes into this one!

What are some of your life goals?

Do you like Vegas?

Have you ever run a 5 mile marathon?

XO
Jen





16 comments:

Caroline said...

I absolutly hate Vegas.
I have been there several times
it is not for me

goals:
raising good guys is the ultimate.
be a good person
running a marathon
running hood to coast

Unknown said...

Good list Caroline.

I still like Vegas tho, 7 years later it might not make a list of 'must-do's' - haha…

BabyWeightMyFatAss said...

NYC is a goal race for me one day. You can always do a charity bib!

Never been to Vegas and having kids screws any fun loving vacation with the hubs! lol

sarah said...

I went to Vegas for 2 days and it wasn't enough time. I would like to go back.

I'm sure you can find a sticker for 5 miles. Or have one made.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jen!! Way to goal set!! Hee hee!! Vegas is fun in small doses. Would be a good girls weekend if I ever had one. 5 mile marathon??!! I'm in!! That's one marathon I could totally kick butt at!! The good thing about keeping that stuff is you can track your growth and wow! what a growth spurt you've had!! I keep a "dream journal" with goals, things I want or want to do and learn in it. It's a good reminder of how far you can come and what your priorities are

Unknown said...

Clearly BabyW - that list was made waaay before I had Ben - i would be happy with a night out with hubs! LOL

I forgot all about this list, so Jen, It's really funny to go back and see that i actually had running on the list! :) I have to be better with journaling.

Eh, Sarah, I think I'll skip the five mile sticker but that definitely would make me crack up every time I saw it! teehee.

Jamie said...

Chuckle... 5 mile mary... I love it!
Oh I hope you get picked for the NYC~ I'd LOVE to hear your take on it. I'll do a rain dance for ya. ha! ;)

Unknown said...

Thanks Jaime! I appreciate the rain dance!! I will take all the help I can get and I promise that it'll be the best race recap ever! ;)

Unknown said...

oh my goodness, i love that!! I have run so many marathons, that is awesome! got to love the good old days!

The Skårtist said...

awesome find! LOVE looking back at stuff like that. And btw, I've never run a 5 mile marathon. But anytime I run more than 3 blocks I totally call it a marathon!!!

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 said...

I absolutely LOVE the "5 mile marathon!" I could probably run 3 of them IN A ROW! I had a conversation with a woman at dance about running (since I see her at the track) and I told her about our local 5k and she said she "always wanted to run a marathon." DROVE ME CRAZY!

Unknown said...

hahaha - still makes me laugh. I had no idea about running… At number 71 it was obviously not a high priority on the list.

For the record it took me until 2010 to run a 5K, and then a "5 mile marathon" -- better late than never!

And… running goals would rank in the top 5 - 10 now. ;)

The Skårtist said...

#71 -- did you really have 100 goals? What were the rest of them? Do we get to see those in the next post?

Unknown said...

HA! I really did - the list is a little personal but some funny ones that I did not succeed at:

#41. Have financial success in the 5million dollar range by 2010…

#48. Look into and invest in Real Estate by 2007 (oof dodged a bullet there!)

#64. Read my goals once a day (WTF - this would've been the easiest one to accomplish! FAIL)

and of course the first thing on my list was: Lose weight - SUCCESS! ;)

Actually there were a few successes on the list, "Make money writing" - Yes. I have.
"Make an indépendant film" - GRAMMY Camp. Yes I did
"Run a 5 mile marathon…."

You know. 4 out of a 100…

Jason said...

Did not like Vegas. Give me the bright lights of NYC over Vegas anyday. Better food, better buildings, better bums......it's all better in NYC, Miami, San Fran than Vegas.

I would love to run a 5 mile marathon though. That would be a blistering PR and certainly a BQ as well.

Overhauling-Me said...

I think I could run a 5 mile as fast as someone could do a marathon!

Fun to look back on goals. I found a sheet of paper that I had written my weight loss goals on from 2002. SIGH, if only I had stuck with it then.