Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Whole30 Day 5 - a hodge podge

Day 5 was yesterday but I didn't get to post because I was working late.

The big challenge with this program is always having enough food on hand to get something together.

Yesterday I felt a little struggling to figure out what to eat.

Breakfast was fine - the usual of eggs and sweet potatoes (I think I threw in a few slices of avocado too).

I brought lunch to work which was a hodgepodge. I brought the roasted butternut squash soup (which is just about gone OH NO), two grape leaves, a half of cucumber, a quarter of an avocado and a hard boiled egg. (I wound up not eating the egg.)

The avocado looks rough but it was good
I also had this cute little bottle of olive oil that I forgot I had. My mom gave it to me - got it in Italy on a train ride or something? Not sure why she thought she'd gift that to me but it definitely came in handy and I'll be refiling that little sucker!


By the time I got home from work I was pretty starving. I had the grape leaves with my lunch but I'm thinking that while I did a good job with healthy fats (avocado and the drizzle of EVOO on the cucumbers) Maybe the little bit of lamb in the grape leaves just wasn't enough protein.

But, I didn't really have time to eat when I got home I had more work to do. I ate the hardboiled egg I didn't eat at lunch and a handful of cashews. But I was still hungry. After a few hours of work, bathing Ben and getting him to sleep, I finally wound up making eggs and then sautéing sweet potato, compliant sausage, and red onions in a little ghee and having that around 9PM. It was tasty. I made it through another day. :) 

Somehow I haven't worked out since Friday so I'm going to try to get a work out in today.  

How's it going for you?

Are you freezing your ass off today in ridiculous weather?

XO
Jen



No comments: