Feeling pretty good tho today I would've loved to have ordered dinner and made myself a martini. I did not do either, though I did have a few Whole30 friendly olives.
|I miss you Sue!|
A few observations so far:
1. I am enjoying what I'm eating and haven't found myself hungry.
2. I am skeptical that I'll really lose much weight because I feel like I'm eating a lot of (yes healthy) fat.
3. But I'm enjoying eating above mentioned fat - coconut oil, olive oil, ghee, avocado… yum
4. Lunch seems to be the biggest challenge but not impossible. Breakfast is getting boring but it's easy. I'm not afraid of boring auto-meals for breakfast so it's fine.
5. I'm discovering lots of new foods and ways of cooking that I think will stick beyond the program.
6. In fact, I think I'm going to continue this lifestyle beyond the 30 and just treat myself here and there. I like how I'm feeling.
And that's about it.
Some people on a Whole30 recipe exchange board mentioned that they get 'tipsy' on kombucha. I never knew that! Now I might have to try kombucha ;-)
Last night I made organic pork chops, yucca and salad. Tonight I made organic steak, leftover yucca, a zucchini sautee, some sliced plantains and a few slices of avocado. It sounds like a lot but it was just a little of each thing. It was soooo yummy.
How are things with you?