Friday, March 16, 2012

Today show recap and Running crap

I can't seem to get my running together.  In 3 weeks I'm running the Hollywood half marathon and I just can't seem to get a longer run in. The other day I did 6 miles and that was the longest I've run in a month! Ah. Well.

Still. I have a plan.

My plan is to do 8 miles sometime this weekend and 10 next weekend and then I should be OKish for the half.  I have been running at least, just not as long. 2-3 miles 5 times a week or so. Hopefully that'll be enough.

I was going to do that 8 miles today but I fell apart. I could barely do the 4 I settled myself to do. Did OK for the first 2 miles and in the 3rd mile, I had a tummy ache, a knee ache, a "I just don't feel like doing this ache" and all kinds of "WTF is going on with me?" So I ran to 3.1 and was going to call it a day… Of course, I couldn't call it a day. I was too close to four miles. So I sucked it up. I ended my Nike program at 3.1 but finished the rest of the mile off the record… It was slow and there was some walking in there but at least I got four miles in. And I feel a little comfort that I at least finished what I had started.

Not the best run ever. But you know. We have good days and bad days. Tomorrow will be better.

And in other news…

Not my usual look...

Today, was my grand TODAY show appearance! Whoopee.   I looked slightly dorky - a model I am not. I didn't know what to do with my hands, my feet, I forgot to smile half the time but still, it was a blast.

Totally forgetting to smile - oops

I was sooooooo proud of my BFF Amy Acton who handled the interview like a pro!!


At the end all of us came back out:

Fun day!!



By the way, you can check out the segment here:



Have a great weekend all!!

XO
Jen







14 comments:

Emz said...

You. My. Friend. Are. Freaking. Amazing.

Love it!!!!!!

Rose @ Eat, Drink, and Be Meiri said...

You look awesome!

And now you're super famous!

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 said...

You looked great! You got a lot of face time! I was at the gym and I told my friend next to me "I know her!"

You have to tell those inner voices to STFU! Are you meeting up with Jaylene at the HH?

Unknown said...

Thanks guys :) it was fun.

Yeah Linda I need to be better about shutting up the voices - I've come a long way but sometimes still tough!

The Boring Runner said...

This is so awesome!!! You looked really good! I'm with Linda, tell those voices to kiss your Today show strutting ass.

Molly said...

I saw the segment live!! You looked amazing!!! Yay!! : )

Unknown said...

Thanks guys!!

I am going to try to meet up with Jaylene and Caroline at Hollywood Half! Even tho I'm a little "off" I think it's going to be a fun race.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Jen and WOW and I mean WOW you look great!

Harry from DM!

TriGirl said...

Fuuuuunnnnn! That is so awesome!! You looked great :)

Sara said...

Jen! You look gorgeous! I had no idea this was happening or I would have tried to tune-in live! So awesome!! Way to go, BBFF! I am so proud of you.

Hang in there with running, you're doing it, that's what matters and I know you will make it to the start and the finish line! :)

Marcia said...

You looked great! What an experience! :)

Maria Simone said...

Congrats on the Today show appearance - that is so fun!

As for the running, we all go through periods like this. The race will offer a fun day for you. And, it's completely normal to get a little burned out from time to time. Mix it up if running starts to feel like too much of a slog. Movement is movement :)

Taryn said...

You look great! What an awesome experience!

Staceycakes said...

That is so exciting! You look wonderful.