Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Go Sport ID winner! And making time to run

Finally!

Are you guys still with me? Sorry the blogging has been lagging lately, been a little overwhelmed but I'll try to make it up to you.

I am please to announce the winner of the Go Sport ID:

Number 33 -



Lorie!



Lori - you have one week to contact me as the winner by posting on this blog or e-mailing me or I'll have to pick a new winner.

My running has been as weak as my blog lately. I'm getting in a few miles a week thanks to a busy schedule and it blows. I miss running longer and more and hope to figure out how to make it all happen. I will figure this out.

I've managed to continue to squeeze in a few 3 milers or so a few times a week but I need more. I will not give up. Just like I had to readjust when running was getting in the way of life, I can't let life get in the way of running.

I had to go to Kentucky for business last week (aside from tornado dodging) it was beautiful. We were in Lexington and I loved it.

Took in a Wildcats basketball game:
me and biz partner taking in a game

I went to a smallish college and never experienced a big college game.  The UK game was a very cool experience.

We visited Keeneland (a high-end race track) and even got personal tours of some of the best horse farms.

Keeneland - in beautiful Lexington



with twice top-rated horse in the world: Invasor

Got a little running in too - it was only 3 miles but it was speedy and glorious.

How do you deal when you're feeling overwhelmed and left with less and less time to run?

XO
Jen




5 comments:

Suz and Allan said...

Congrats to the winner! Glad you had a great trip to KY!

Suz and Allan said...

Congrats to the winner! Glad you had a great trip to KY!

Taryn said...

Sounds like you had fun on your trip! :) awesome!

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 said...

It's ok to stop and smell the roses (or horse manure) once in a while. Good news? Spring is SO close, although this week us Mid-Atlanticers will be having high 50's low 60* weather the next couple of days, so maybe then you'll enjoy a run!!

Jason said...

We are going to have to discuss our friendship.

No Kentucky Fan is a friend of mine as I am a Duke fan, that is of course unless you just wore it to the game to be a gracious visitor.

I see your 2 and 3 mile runs all the time and they always make me smile. Keep at it.