Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I'm gonna be on the TODAY show!

Hello peeps --

The weather is glorious in Jersey. I don't know if it's global warming or what but I am loving it.

So much going on.

First thing is first - I am going to be on TODAY show on Friday so set your DVRs! I'll be on the Kathy Lee and Hoda hour (It starts at 10AM here on the East Coast.)

My friend Amy is a celebrity fashion stylist. Amongst all the cool people she styles and all the awesome things she does, she styles all the talent for the Olympics (yes she goes to every Olympics! Lucky!) and she was invited on the show to do a segment about "looking great at any weight."  My look was for the girl who has lost weight but is still stuck in a rut…

It was a blast!

First a car and driver picked me up - FANCY!

This is how we roll
Then as I arrived I got whisked right off to get my hair and makeup done.  They made my normally curly hair, pulled in a pony tail - straight and bouncy.

In the greenroom after the segment
And as if that's not fun enough - Vinny from the Jersey Shore was getting his makeup 'did' right next to me for his segment! I should've said hi. I dropped the ball on that one. Deena was there too. No Snooks.

Jersey Shore greenroom - I should've gotten a pic with them!

settled on taking a picture of them from back stage monitor

Then we got dressed and did our segment. It was surreal and fun. :)

Now I have pretty hair and makeup and am a little sad that I need to go running in a bit and mess it all up. Sigh.

I don't talk in my segment, I just stand there and "model." haha…

I've been in TV for a long time but this was still a cool experience. I watch the Today Show almost every morning so it was neat to get to be a part of it for this little segment!

PS: Also dropped the ball by not making the time to talk to Hoda and Kathy Lee - love those ladies!

Now, I gotta run.  I have a half on April 6 and I haven't run more than 3 miles in weeks. OY!

XO
Jen


17 comments:

nikki said...

that's so awesome, jen!!! and you look fabulous.... can't wait to see you on the today show! xoxoxo

Taryn said...

That is so great! How fun!!!

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 said...

So awesome! Were those your clothes or their's? Did you get any swag for being on air? I'll be able to watch at the gym since I'm not babysitting!!

Unknown said...

so cool. did you fist bump vinny?

TurboTurtle said...

How cool! Very psyched for you!

Jason said...

Awesome. Were there wife beaters all over the greenroom?

Unknown said...

no fist pumping, Jen. I really blew it! ha. no wife beaters either…

Amy the stylist dressed me in clothes she picked out - that outfit in the picture was what I wore to the show.

No swag! Oh well.

BabyWeightMyFatAss said...

Yay!!! How cool!!! I'll be sure to record!!

Anonymous said...

Wheeeee!!!

misszippy said...

THAT is just way too cool! You look adorable in that shot. Can't wait to watch it. Congrats!!

*~*~* Tracy said...

How cool is that! You look *gorgeous*! Congrats on such a fun opportunity.

Unknown said...

Thanks! :) It was fun. I'm pretty sure my "modeling" was completely dorky but it will definitely be one for the memory books.

Unknown said...

that is so cool! way to go for stepping out and doing that!

Erica Gorman said...

That is so very cool! I would love to have my hair and make-up done! And the rest is just more icing on the cake!!!

Caroline said...

fantastic!
you look great!!! must have been fun!

Mandy said...

Very cool!

Katie Foster said...

Damnit! I hate that I'm 3 days behind on my Google Reader. I'm just now reading this, so I missed it :(