Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Running Costumes: Yay or Nay?

I thought it was hard enough running 13.1 or 26.2. Really I did… 

But then you've got these special folks.  Not for nuthin' but I wouldn't even want to walk around the block in these cumbersome things:



I guess a big boulder chasing me would inspire speed…
My iPod would have to have that Indiana Jones 'chase' music on loop
The flower is an interesting touch?

Totally puzzled how this guy does it

Uh. Can someone give me a 'hand' with
opening my Gu?


I have friends who like to dress up for these things. I'm torn. I have a (little) sense of adventure but I barely like having my race bib on and usually don't even want to push a pair of sunglasses on my head - it bothers me.  I can't imagine running with a costume and not being tortured by every second of it.

What about you?

Have you ever dressed up in costume for a race?

Would you ever?

Do you think you need to train in your costume to perform in it?

What's the best costume you've ever seen on someone else?

XO
Jen



Post a Comment