Sunday, November 20, 2011

Running Pays: Thank you universe and Lolo Jones

coolest picture ever Lolo Jones
Running pays.

I've been blessed in this journey to find so many wonderful things and ways it has enhanced my life.

I have found health, weight loss,  confidence, drive and determination.

I have found friends, fire, peace and an inner athlete.

I have found a passion I never knew existed. I have even found a way to fuel my love of writing.

Today I even found money!

During my 3 mile run around the neighborhood this morning, I stumbled upon a crisp dollar bill! :) I found it to be a sign. A sign of all the wonderful things I have found on this journey.

lucky dollar found on run
I didn't start this blog to make money. I still have never made a penny from it. Making anything on this blog has never been the goal (though, if someday it helped fund a pair of running shoes or two - I wouldn't be opposed.)  :)

Truthfully, I started it as a way to keep myself motivated and in the game. I knew that if even just one person was reading this thing, it would help keep me accountable. Especially in the early days when running was so out of my grasp of ways I would define myself.

The blog started to take shape and I found a few key people that have kept me going. People who inspire me everyday. Presently, this blog still keeps me grounded and on-track. I take pride that every once in a while, something I share, whether it's about my own personal struggles or successes might actually inspire someone else or encourage someone else in their own journey.

Yesterday I came home to see a ton of new twitter followers. Hmmm. I was sure it was some kind of spam. I was wrong.

Somehow, in some unexplained way, Lolo Jones, an Olympic hurdler found my blog. She tweeted my "Five crappy excuses I've made to get out of a run" blog. To all 35, 722 followers. WOW!! 

I admire this woman - she is a top-notch athlete and inspiration. She is a class act all the way. The fact that she may have even read my blog gave me an excitement that cannot be explained - the fact that she shared my blog - blew me away. 



So I thought I'd check my blog stats. For those of you who do not blog, it's just a way to see how many people have checked out your blog.

I don't get a ton of hits. Maybe (more or less) around 100 on a good post - 200 on a great one. That's exciting enough for me. Yesterday's 'retweeted' blog? 1949!  WHAT!?

It's just too cool for words.

What do I think will happen with all of this? Well Adsense might eventually deliver me the whopping .06 for that amount of hits -- but whatever. For my little modest blog and my little modest journey to have even one person read it has done my soul good - this was an incredible gift.

Running pays, if you keep your feet on the ground and your head in the game - the blessings are everywhere.

XO

Jen

8 comments:

Caroline said...

Very cool!
good for you Jen!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Caroline! Made me so happy! :)

The Wench said...

Awesome story. And now I am going to click that link and read the post too. :-)

Unknown said...

Thanks for swinging by and the comment, Wench ;)

Niki said...

That is incredible! Now you can inspire even more people!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Niki!

Mandy said...

Awesome!!! Blogging is a great way to stay accountable! Congrats on recognition! ;)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.