Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Running: There's an App for that and other techie stuff

There's a running App for that
Today I got an exciting package in the mail and it wasn't a new pair of sneakers, box of Gu or running book…

Today, I stepped into a new tech world for me - one that up until now, I've only dreamt of.

Today, I got my very first iPhone.

She's a beauty.

I'm having a good time learning the cool stuff she can do - it makes my old dependable Black Berry look boring.

As I explore the million and one Apps I thought I would turn to you and ask, What's your favorite running techie thing?

It doesn't have to be iPhone or cell phone specific, it could be a website, watch, or any other doohickey that modern technology has brought forth for the world of running.

My favorite stuff includes:

My Nike+, iTunes and Dailymile website.

I love sharing my runs, analyzing my stats and seeing how far I've come. I've tried to journal but I'm just not that organized - the Dailymile and Nike+ thing has been great for my record keeping.

So whatcha got? What do i need or should check out?

By the way, as I was looking for a picture to steal display for this post, I stumbled upon 10 Essential iPhone Apps for Runners - I still have to check these out but thought I'd share.

I've gotta go. I have a new iPhone to play with! Wheeee!

XO

Jen

PS: Right after I posted this on Twitter - Active posted a similar article called, 6 iPhone Apps for Triathletes… So for my Tri friends - you might want to take a peek!


6 comments:

Caroline said...

Nike +..that used to be my partner. Then I got a Garmin and I found out how much of a liar Nike + is.

so my favorite is my Garmin. it tells me the good and the bad!

Unknown said...

LOL Caroline - thanks for your comment - I hear great things about Garmin. My friend Angela also went from Nike + to Garmin and she can't say enough about it!

I wonder if anyone has tried the new Nike+ watch thingy that is supposed to be a bit more like a Garmin? That's pretty pricey so it would have to be competitive I would think.

In any case, the Nike + has suited me well for now, especially given the price point.

Eleanor Burns said...

I love my IPhone! I'm currently using Endomondo to track my runs. I have the free version and it works well for me. Enjoy your new toy!

Jason said...

TrainingPeaks is my favorite. It allows my coach and myself to analyze all my data to see what needs improvement.

It works with Garmin and my Timex Ironman watch so no issues there. Upload and analyze away.

Mandy said...

Congrats on your new tech gear!

My favorites are my Garmin and dailymile. I've been without an ipod since I put mine through the washing machine. Oops. :D

Erica Gorman said...

Ilove my iPhone and Nike+ app....and gotta love the cheers you can get too!