Thursday, November 10, 2011

I love you, you love me… We're a great big running family

Thank you Sara from Words to Run By for presenting me with the Liebster Blogger award.

means 'beloved' blog. Aw, shucks.
Sara and I have been friends since nearly the beginning of our blogging lives. She ran her first marathon a mere 2 weeks sooner than I ran mine, we are similar in pace, lifestyle, and personality and I've come to call her a friend and inspiration. Make sure you check out her blog and follow her journey to run GOOFY in less than 60 days at Disney!

So now, it's my turn to pass on the love by picking five bloggers I adore.

Picking just five is like picking just one favorite kid (except that I only have one kid so actually, that's easier…)

Anyway - here are the blogs (in addition to Sara's) that I hit up on the regular:

Cook, Train, Eat, Race: This site is inspirational and chock full of great information. Jason keeps personally connected to his followers and is always quick to help anyone that wants to make a health change. Whether you are training for your first 5K or your 5th Ironman - there is something for you.

Racing It Off: Lesley is one of my first blogging buddies and she was there at the finish line (and shared her room with me in San Diego!) for my first marathon. Lesley's site offers advice, funny stories, great giveaways and her own tails from the road and trails. She's gearing up for an exciting new journey - she'll be running the Rocky Racoon 50m!!

The Boring Runner: Do not let the name fool you. I have never, ever read one of his posts without at least chuckling if not cracking up. Adam is a no-joke, fast runner and his blog is awesome. The pictures alone are usually worth the click to his blog.








yes! she's posing with Chrissy Wellington!







Miles, Muscle & Mommyhood - Jennifer Leah is one tough tri-athlete, booty-kicking chick. She also has an inspirational back-story of weight loss and total health change. Her multiple-part Ironman race recap was probably the best race recap I've ever read and I would encourage you to read it pronto!





note mentioned abs
If I can't Convince You… I'll at least confuse you. Emz is funny, amazing, supportive to other runners and can run. I mean she once ran for 24 hours on a freakin' treadmill!! And if her abs don't inspire you, then you should check and make sure you have a pulse.

So there you have it. Five of my favs. but I could go on and on.

For artistic, craft and other fun stuff I like Look at The Birdie and Smile

For great picture and warm, fuzzy and funny musings I love The Scenik Route.


So there you have it. 

I love you guys and I love all of the blogs I read, most of them listed here -------------------------------------------------------------------------->>>

but still needing to update with more.

The blogging community has held my (virtual) hand when I need help, has lifted me up when I've fallen down, has inspired me to run further and provided a support that I'm not sure I would otherwise find.

Thank you to all the bloggers out there who share their stories, time and expertise with us all.

XO
Jen


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, you're awesome, and I love you back! I was honored to be at the finish line in San Diego for you!!!

Unknown said...

Wow, that is some gooooood company I'm keeping in this post.
I agree! those 4 blogs are awesome and ones I make time to read :)
Keep on being awesome jen!!

useless side note: my capcha is debike. ha ha ha ha
how did they know I love de bike???

nikki said...

thanks jen the runner for the shout out to my blog!! xoxo

Unknown said...

You guys are amazing and I'm blessed to call you all friends…

Jen, that's awesome! Couldn't have planned that if I tried!

Jason said...

Humbled and Honored. No other two words can describe my feeling better right now.

Of course I could yell at myself to Suck It Up Buttercup and get moving.....but I'll just sit here in my 15 minutes of fame and enjoy my company.

Jen L - I got your beat. Mine is mistle.....

Yup El Diablo is like a missile (mistle) out there.


BTW - Jen R ---- turn Captcha off please. Go read this post by Kevin to find out why I am saying this:

http://ironmanbythirty.com

Unknown said...

You guys really are the best and a mention in my blog doesn't begin to express the appreciation and gratitude I have to each one of you guys (and others not mentioned out there.)

I thought Captcha was off - I will go do that, when Jen mentioned that I thought it was flukey -- maybe when I changed over to the new blog interface it clicked on or something!

Unknown said...

OK, yeah. The new blogger automatically captcha's you. I had to uninstall and go back to the old interface to find the 'unclick' word verification thingy. Hopefully it'll not re-enact it.

Sorry about that! Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Unknown said...

It's so nice to see the blog regularly again. Thanks for recommending more inspiring peeps! :-D

Unknown said...

Thanks, Ang!! xo

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

I am LOVING your blog. Isn't the blogging community INCREDIBLE! Can't wait to check out some of the blogs you listed wahoo!

Unknown said...

Likewise - I love your blog too - even though it usually leaves me craving cupcakes or something :)

Keri @ Blue-Eyed Runner said...

Yayy for running Jersey Girls!!

The Boring Runner said...

Thanks so much!!! I really appreciate it :)

Although, putting me in the same category as those other bloggers is really raising the bar to a level that I am not sure that I can rise. Hmmm, need to step up my game.