Monday, November 21, 2011

Marathon Monday - 1st day of the rest of my running life

I have been bugged for the last few weeks.

There is something deep inside me that is screaming - run another marathon.

I thought I'd be one and done.  But, nuh-uh.

I thought that halfs would suffice - enough to keep me training and active but, nope.

I want more.


So today I started training for a marathon. I'm not sure which one or where yet. I can run the full at the Jersey Shore in early May (that would be poetic as it was the site of my first half marathon and holds a special place in my heart). Or I'm considering Sugarloaf in Maine per the suggestion and twitter "c'mon" of my blogging buddy Jen at Miles, Muscles & Mommyhood.  My training program on Nike takes me thru June 5th so i figure anything between the first week of May and then should be OK since we're still in November.

I really want to run NYC but who knows when the lottery is gonna open and who says I might not just do that too if I get in?

So, 16, 18 and 20 mile long runs here I come.

Get Road Runner (my running store) on the horn, I'll need a box of Gu and Sports Beans.

And I hope my favorite gatorade is on sale because there's gonna be a lotta training going on up in here. 

I've been accused of sometimes looking before I leap but the truth is, I believe that you do have to look before you leap but there comes a point where you just have to leap or you could miss your opportunity to jump.

See ya at the finish line and at every mile in-between.

What marathons are you doing?

Do you have any to recommend for the time frame I've mentioned?

XO
Jen
Post a Comment