Monday, November 21, 2011

Marathon Monday - 1st day of the rest of my running life

I have been bugged for the last few weeks.

There is something deep inside me that is screaming - run another marathon.

I thought I'd be one and done.  But, nuh-uh.

I thought that halfs would suffice - enough to keep me training and active but, nope.

I want more.


So today I started training for a marathon. I'm not sure which one or where yet. I can run the full at the Jersey Shore in early May (that would be poetic as it was the site of my first half marathon and holds a special place in my heart). Or I'm considering Sugarloaf in Maine per the suggestion and twitter "c'mon" of my blogging buddy Jen at Miles, Muscles & Mommyhood.  My training program on Nike takes me thru June 5th so i figure anything between the first week of May and then should be OK since we're still in November.

I really want to run NYC but who knows when the lottery is gonna open and who says I might not just do that too if I get in?

So, 16, 18 and 20 mile long runs here I come.

Get Road Runner (my running store) on the horn, I'll need a box of Gu and Sports Beans.

And I hope my favorite gatorade is on sale because there's gonna be a lotta training going on up in here. 

I've been accused of sometimes looking before I leap but the truth is, I believe that you do have to look before you leap but there comes a point where you just have to leap or you could miss your opportunity to jump.

See ya at the finish line and at every mile in-between.

What marathons are you doing?

Do you have any to recommend for the time frame I've mentioned?

XO
Jen

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on taking the plunge again. I've never done a full 26.2, in fact my first half was yesterday. I've been making my own energy gels, there are several recipes online that work great and save a lot of cash. You'll do great, I'm really excited for you.
Paddyb

Unknown said...

Thanks Paddy!! I'll have to look into those recipes - never even considered doing that!

Congrats on your first half!

Anonymous said...

Come to Seattle. Late June. It's gonna be a party!!!

Caroline said...

ohhh good for you Jen!

financecupcake said...

That's awesome you've decided to run another marathon!

My next one is an evening trail marathon in Indianapolis on January 28.

Unknown said...

Thanks Caroline and Christina - that is awesome!!

I'm thinking about Seattle, Lesley - that looks amazing and the only thing better than doing marathon #1 with you would be doing marathon #2!

I have to see what my finances will look like but it's on the consideration list for sure!

Mandy said...

Congrats on jumping in with both feet again! I'm still looking for which one I want to do for my FIRST full marathon - maybe we'll wind up doing NY together. :D

I've heard great things about the Flying Pig Marathon in my part of the country.

Sara said...

Jen - you make me smile! This is awesome and I admire your perseverance. I said I would "never do another Marathon" and well, you know how THAT turned out!

Come to CBus someday, girl! :)

Jason said...

screw that whole look before you jump. Those people never enjoy life because you can't live life always being careful.

I jump and worry about it later. Life is too short.

Congratulations on making the decision to go for it.

Audrey J. said...

I am so happy to have found this post tonight!!! I was having doubts earlier about my decision to run my first full marathon...I saw some website that said not to try a full before you've been running for at least a year. Booo to them.

Anyway, my first is going to be the Charlottesville (Virginia) Marathon on April 7!

Unknown said...

That is so awesome Audrey! Sometimes you just have to jump in - I don't think I was running for as long as they say you should either when I took the chance. You'll be fine as long as you train smartly!

Good luck!!