So here we go.
2012 is the year I will…
1. Run 1012 miles. I was going to shoot for 1000 but figured I'd throw in the extra 12 for good measure. This year I think I'll come in just shy of 850 - so it's not an impossible goal to shoot for but still challenging.
2. Run a sub 2:20 half marathon. Last year I ran a 2:24 - so shaving another 4 minutes off - will be challenging but not impossible.
3. Run another marathon. I will aim for around 5 hours but am flexible when it comes to time. I am still in the 'just finish' zone of such a goal.
4. Continue this blog.
5. Run a sub 28:30 5K. My last 5K I ran in 28:48 so if I focus and work hard, I should be able to achieve it.
6. Continue to maintain my weight loss.
7. Remember to be thankful. For family, friends, running, love, this blog, I am incredibly blessed.
8. Remember to ENJOY it. At the end of the day - goals for speed, miles and marathons are great but the most important part is to embrace it. This isn't a chore, this is a privilege. If it becomes a chore then it's time to reassess - don't let anything steal the joy away. (But don't be too quick to give up either!)
And that's my big running list of
to do's will do's.
Personally, I also want to also keep a cleaner house, get organized, take more chances (when it comes to career stuff) knock on more doors, live life more boldly and confidently and make things happen.
What are some of your 2012 goals?