Friday, December 16, 2011

Calling out sick

Happens to the best of us

I'll be back soon -

Not only have I got nothing interesting to say - I'm feeling rather yucky.

I was going to run 5 miles instead of my 10 mile long run in the face of this craptastic cold and then decided to just skip the whole thing altogether…

I will now go into my self-induce coma of Nyquil and cough drops - if you need to find me just follow the trail of tissues and the scent of the Vicks Vapor rub - I'll be that big lump in the middle of the bed under fifty-two blankets with the company of some TLC show droning on in the background.

By the way - have you ever tried a neti pot?  My husband swears by them but it never seems to work out for me. Tonight, at his urging, I gave it another shot. I nearly drowned to death.  I just don't think they like me. Or I can't figure out this seemingly easy thing.  Either way.  Awesome.

And they are all trying to kill me


Anyway, hope to get a few miles in tomorrow.

Have a great weekend.

XO
Jen

9 comments:

BabyWeightMyFatAss said...

I hope you feel better soon!

Unknown said...

Thanks!

Jill said...

UCK, feel better soon! I was sick like that last week and this week feel somewhat better, but still sort of eh-ish. And Netti Pots? I have tired and tired and tired them but never noticed a difference - ever! Good luck with that one!

nikki said...

feel better jen the runner.... the neti pot will do wonders for you, but if it's not for you, just try using the simply saline...it's great too!

Mandy said...

Feel better soon!

MotherRunner said...

My husband uses it, but I just can't make myself try it. Hope you feel better soon!

Suz and Allan said...

Feel better!

Jason said...

Hope you are felling better.

I neti pot as often as I foam roll and that is my way of saying NEVER! Can't stand the thing!

Anonymous said...

don't use tap water in a neti pot - - google it - saw an article recently - use filtered water or purified water. :-) Hope you are better soon!