Saturday, December 17, 2011

Weight Watchers and Porkys - perfect together

Well, I'm still suffering with one helluva cold. But souped up on dayquil and armed with tissues, I'm muddling thru.  I will probably not run again today but I shall try not to let that get me down. I think it's for the best -- I'm on that edge of getting really sick or rallying back so I am going to try to take it easy and hope to be running again in the next day or so.

Even though I'm feeling off, I pulled my crap together enough to get to my Weight Watcher meeting. Next month in January I expect to reach my one year anniversary at (or below) my goal.  YEE HA. I'm very proud of the accomplishment in maintaining.

Still, the road to WW success will always hit bumps here and there. This week I was up and it was annoying.  Even though I'm a little sick - I still managed a 20+ mile week of running and tracked all my food. This is the second week I'm up at the scale despite being very mindful of food and exercise. Boo.  I'm still under goal so I have a little play room but no matter where you are at weight, its still frustrating when the scale doesn't do what you want it to do.

In any case - how is this for totally ridiculous?  Our new Weight Watcher center moved next to this BBQ restaurant:

But wait. That's not the ridiculous part.  During my weigh-in this morning was this ON THE WEIGHT WATCHER reception counter:
what's next? free wine tasting at the AA meeting?
Oh sweet irony. I mean. Come on Weight Watchers!  I appreciate that this program is designed where if I was forced to go to a place like Porkys I could figure out the points and make it happen.  Cool. I get that. But to literally have their menu at the scale?  I find something not quite right about that.  Most of us got into that room because we made poor choices and struggle with food. A 10% discount to Porkys is not what any of us need.

And listen - I hate to bag on Weight Watchers.  No one is a bigger supporter than I.  I LOVE Weight Watchers. I LIVE Weight Watchers.  I think it's an awesome program that works.  The program itself stresses 'whole foods' and exercise.  I am a fan and will probably go a meeting for the rest of my life… 

However, I have to call ya out on this one.

Gotta love it.

XO
Jen










5 comments:

Mandy said...

Love the irony. Love it!

The Skårtist said...

OMG that is pretty Hilarious. Porky's needs a new marketing team! sheesh!

misszippy said...

OMG! Too much!

Congrats to you on a full year--really impressive in my book. Keep up the great work, Porky's or no.

And smart move on taking it easy w/ that cold. I've learned the hard way that it's the only way to go.

Sara said...

WOW!!!!!!!! LOL!! What were they THINKING with this one??

I hope you feel better soon. My mom was a lifetime WW member - she loved the program. I think I need to get my behind back into a meeting........

Congrats on reaching your goal for your anniversary!!

Jason said...

I was at a loss for words when you posted that picture earlier this year but even more dumb-founded that they would promote them. I can't imagine that the local WW is getting anything for this in return so what is the upside to this decision? Seems so odd and not very well thought out.