Friday, December 30, 2011

2012 is the year I will...

The other day I reviewed my 2011, now - on the eve of the eve of the new year, I figure that now would be a good time to think about what I'd like to accomplish in the year ahead.

So here we go.

2012 is the year I will…

1.  Run 1012 miles. I was going to shoot for 1000 but figured I'd throw in the extra 12 for good measure. This year I think I'll come in just shy of 850 - so it's not an impossible goal to shoot for but still challenging.

2.  Run a sub 2:20 half marathon.  Last year I ran a 2:24 - so shaving another 4 minutes off - will be challenging but not impossible.

3.  Run another marathon.  I will aim for around 5 hours but am flexible when it comes to time. I am still in the 'just finish' zone of such a goal.

4.  Continue this blog.

5.  Run a sub 28:30 5K.  My last 5K I ran in 28:48 so if I focus and work hard, I should be able to achieve it.

6.  Continue to maintain my weight loss.

7.  Remember to be thankful.  For family, friends, running, love, this blog, I am incredibly blessed.

8.  Remember to ENJOY it.  At the end of the day - goals for speed, miles and marathons are great but the most important part is to embrace it. This isn't a chore, this is a privilege. If it becomes a chore then it's time to reassess - don't let anything steal the joy away. (But don't be too quick to give up either!)

And that's my big running list of to do's will do's.  

Personally, I also want to also keep a cleaner house, get organized, take more chances (when it comes to career stuff) knock on more doors, live life more boldly and confidently and make things happen.

What are some of your 2012 goals?

XO

Jen




13 comments:

Michael said...

Those are awesome and completely doable goals! Keep focused and you will be knocking things off the list soon!

misszippy said...

Great list--and I'm going to predict you will exceed those running goals!

Staying healthy tops my list for 2012, but a marathon PR (before I'm too old to improve!) is also on there for next fall.

Jason said...

Great goals and ones I believe you will accomplish.

Goals are to still be standing at the end of 2012 after racing 3x 70.3 and 2x 140.6

I have goals for the 70.3s and for the first of the 140.6 but I am keeping them under my hat/visor for now as I have to see how training unfolds before having a true ability to gauge goals.

Meg O @watchmegorun said...

Awesome goals for 2012 and totally attainable!

Mine are:
-finish first marathon
- run a sub 24 5k and sub 50 10k
-run 1000 miles. I was about 100 short this year :(.
-stay injury free if possible!

Anonymous said...

Great list! I just made my own list on my blog. :)

Holly said...

Great goals Jen! I have completed 2 half marathons and 1 full marathon so far, and it looks like we have similar paces. My goal for this year is to run 3 half marathons and become a Half Fanatic. I did just barely make 1,000 miles this year and would like to do that again next year.

Marty said...

To run a half marathon with my best friend and inspiration.

Unknown said...

Thanks to you all for your comments and sharing - Marty (my hubby for those of you who don't know) I love you! AWWW and your first post on my blog... I love your goal - let's do it XOXO

Jill said...

I love #8...I think sometimes we get so fixated on improving that we forget that this is suppose to be FUN first and foremost. I hope 2012 brings you tons of smiles!!!

Cali_In_Jersey said...

My goal is to start running and be able to do a 10k by the end of the year. Also, I am challenging myself to eat yummy, healthy foods instead of the junk I've gotten myself addicted to.

*~*~* Tracy said...

Great goals! I love #'s 7 and 8 the most. My big focus this year coming year also is to enjoy and not become wrapped up and overcome by pace, time, etc. Strong and healthy, yea that's the ticket...
You can do it!

Unknown said...

i LOVE all of your goals and cant wait to follow along with you! I want to try for 1000 miles but I am too nervous to make a real goal, maybe watching you will inspire me!

Unknown said...

Thanks all for the comments! Courtney - you can do it - go for it, if you shoot for 1000 and get to 900 - I mean, that's pretty damn awesome too. ;) There's no failure in trying.