Tuesday, December 20, 2011

iFitness belt, Secret Santa gift and other fun mail

Well it's day five or six (I'm losing track) since I've last run. Got hit with an awful cold that has really knocked me on my ass and even though my heart is saying, "suck it up, Frances and give me 4 miles" my head is saying. "Sit down and have some tea, stupid - The sneakers will still be there when you're feeling better."

I've decided to listen to my head for once.  And a few good friends on Twitter and wait this one out. I just have a feeling that pushing it would lead to disaster and prolonged illness.  Now that I'm finally starting to feel a little better I may do a very, very light jog/walk of 2 miles tonight for a little mental health if I can swing it.

In the midst of this illness, I did receive two fantastic things in the mail this week that definitely brought a smile to my face!

First, check out this beauty from iFitness:
iFitness belt - she's a beauty
Wow! I won this from Lesley blog Racing It Off and while I've always wanted one of these, this thing is even better than I imagined.  It's made super well and fits wonderfully. I can't wait to put this baby into action. It has room for my gels and tabs to hold my race bibs. SWEET!!! The pouch is big enough for money, ID, keys and my iPhone.  LOVING IT.

The next thing in the mail was a care package from my secret 'blogging' santa that was organized by blogger,  Run With Jill.

Holy crap.  This was such a great and fun box of goodies!  I felt like a little kid at Christmas:
blogger grab bag

It had a ton of cool stuff - a cool long sleeve race tee, a Lara Bar, chapstick, notecards, sticky pad and ornament with my initial on it and this piece de resistance:

Oh my God. Love. Happiest/luckiest grab bagger eva
My secret Santa sent me all that stuff and this cute ornament.  I love it so much. I'm a sucker for an ornament - every year, bringing out my ornaments reminds me of something special and this is my first "running" ornament. It makes me happy every time I see it and I'm sure it'll make me happy for many Christmases to come.

My "secret" Santa had a return address on it so I peeked and I'm outing her - here's her blog if you want to check it out: A so-called runner.  Thank you for the lovely gifts!

Have you received any fun mail lately?

Are you participating in any secret santa gift exchanges?

What's the best secret santa gift you've ever received?

XO
Jen






14 comments:

Jason said...

The end to your 2011 has been a gift bonanza. Congratulations to you on all that you have accomplished this year and I can't wait to see how you crush 2012.

WE ARE STOTAN!

Rach @ Girl on the Run said...

i love my ifitness belt on race day...so exciting you won one!

Unknown said...

Thanks Jason - I am excited to crush 2012 and to see you crush as well!

Rach -- I'm so psyched. Money has been a little tight so I've been making due with a crappy generic fanny pack that stinks. I've wanted one of these for a while so I was so happy to win it! Yippee!!

Unknown said...

very cool stuff, glad you liked the present! Hope you have a rocking 2012 and it was fun being your secret santa!

Mandy said...

Awesome gifts! Smart call on taking it easy on your body.

Pulling out the ornaments for me is like pulling out a box of memories, love it!

Unknown said...

I LOVE my iFitness belt. I used to just use it for races but now I use it for runs to Cardio Barre class, the post office and the bank. SInce I read "No Mile Left Behind" these trips are never made by car.

Feel better Jen!

Unknown said...

I LOVE my iFitness belt. I used to just use it for races but now I use it for runs to Cardio Barre class, the post office and the bank. SInce I read "No Mile Left Behind" these trips are never made by car.

Feel better Jen!

Kathy said...

Hi Jen, Great stuff ... I really love the ornament. Hope you're feeling better. If I don't see you before, have a wonderful Christmas! ~Kathy

PS - Maureen says Hello!

Jill said...

Wow, you majorly scored! Love all the stuff and that ornament is priceless :). Glad you found out who your SS was, it wasn't suppose to be a secret once the gift was sent, but that's my fault as I wasn't very clear!

Have a fantastic Christmas - can't wait to see all the great adventures 2012 brings you!

Anonymous said...

I did a card exchange and it was a blast! It was great to get to know some (imaginary) friends better and I smiled putting the cards together. I'm not sure which I enjoyed more - sending them out or (patiently, NOT!) waiting for them. A runners blog secret santa would be even BETTER!! How fun! Next year I"m trying to get in on this!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for all the comments - OOOPS Jill - well, I signed my gift "Secret Santa" LOL.. ;)

Jennifer - it was so much fun, you definitely have to get in on it next year.

Sara said...

That is an awesome belt! A few girls in my running group have them and I have been wanting to try one. You will have to let me know how you like it!

Great Secret Santa! And, I am glad you are feeling better too. :)

Have a Merry Christmas, friend!

Suz and Allan said...

What a great Secret Santa gift! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Gerard Butler Workout said...

Wow, Fantastic Blog, it’s so helpful to me, and your blog is very good.