Wednesday, November 17, 2010

No turning back now - it's official, I'm registered for my first FULL marathon

So yeah, I'm in. Took the plunge, dove into the pool, plunked down my credit card and signed up for San Diego Rock and Roll Full marathon... all 26.2 miles of it.

I guess I should thank the blogging community for it all...

Without it, I wouldn't have publicly made the commitment (without the public expectation, I prob would've changed my mind already) and then to be named a "role model" well, what choice do I have really?

It'll be great. Gulp.

The words "Rock and Roll" in the title of the race makes everything cool - no?

It's only one mile 26.2 times or so... I could do that. I think.

Oh boy. Well there's no turning back now. I'm going to train and train hard. I know there'll be runs in the wind, and long runs on the "dread mill" in the middle of winter... I know it's going to be challenging but walk, run, skip or crawl - I'm gonna give it my all.

By the way, plenty of time for you to sign up and do it with me... here's a code to use at checkout and save a few bucks: sdsurvey10

XO
Jen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo!!!! On your way!!!! Plenty of time to train, just enjoy the anticipation for now!

Sara said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you! I know how you feel - I am training for my FIRST full (Pittsburgh) right now too!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Lesley and Sara -- nervous but excited!! yeeee ha!