Saturday, November 20, 2010

Before and After Part 1 - The Physical

Well, my WW weigh in was a dud today at the scale, I actually gained weight. I'm not too freaked about it because I had a big loss last week and I really didn't do anything to warrant a gain. I actually had a great week - I ran 20 miles, had my best 5K time, and was called a role model.

I also ate healthfully, I didn't eat anything out of the norm and was within my weight watcher points... In fact I earned about 38 activity points and didn't touch any of them so I feel my weight gain might be from not eating enough if anything. Oh well. Who cares? At this point I'm striving to be the healthiest I can be, run well and continue losing until goal. In that order.

Anyway. I dug up these pictures sometime last week and have been toying with sharing this before or not. I finally decided I will. It's no secret that I was bigger at one point. My before picture was taken very shortly after the birth of my son.

I was embarrassed of this picture.  Ashamed at how I allowed myself to get that big but after really reflecting on it, I changed my mind. I'm no longer ashamed of that girl. That girl, in that body decided to make a change, she had the guts, the desire, the courage to start and the persistence to keep going. I'm proud of her.

So here it is:

Jen September 2007


Jen in the middle November 2010

XO

Jen


15 comments:

financecupcake said...

Jeez, Louise, I hardly recognize you!!! You look amazing. :) I have a similar picture from right after my son was born that I haven't shared yet.

You're right: We do seem to be on the same wavelength in several respects!!! I see we both just signed up for our first marathons. Good luck to you!

Julie @ HotlegsRunner said...

Was that you, really? what a transformation! You look awesome Jen!!!!
WOW! 0_0

Unknown said...

you are a champ!! and you look fabulous, and we all can tell that you FEEL fabulous too!!!!

Unknown said...

CELEBRATE JEN! You have accomplished SO much. Much more than most people will ever even dream of.
I have one of "those" pics too-I cannot believe how fAT my arms are...but, If I did not get THERE I would not be HERE. And you know what, HERE is a pretty fabulous place.
Stay Strong and keep inspiring!!

Sara said...

Awesome accomplishment! You are an inspiration to me, and I hope to have an "After" picture someday too! :)

Frannie said...

You are awesome!!! Love the posts...

Unknown said...

Thank you friends for your kind words. XO

Anonymous said...

I bet the girl in that first photo was a pretty cool chick too... she was only missing the confidence of the second chick. Both could do anything they set their mind to, but the second girl BELIEVES it.

Unknown said...

Aw, thanks Lesley xo

Molly said...

That is fantastic!

Unknown said...

thanks Molly!

reluctantmomma said...

I agree with Leslie - both woman are you - the second one is just a bit more seasoned:)

You are inspirational and AMAZING!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for such a kind comment erobell :)

Caroline said...

Cannot tell this is the same person!
I have some pics like these also...before and after (down 70 lbs ) some are still on my walls..I dont like to look at them much...looks like a different person holding my kids....Congrats to you!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Caroline!