Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Suck it cheerleaders

credit
Somedays you just have that "ah" moment. Not an "ah-ha" moment but an "ah" moment.

Today I had one of those.

I was running around my 'hood for a 3 mile run. Despite a slight hangover and despite sitting in a smokey cigar bar last night with hangover-inducing cocktail - I was cooking.

And then up ahead about a quarter of a mile, I saw them.

A group of 15 and 16 year old cheerleaders doing some kind of jogging and looking beat.

It. was. on.

I (surprising myself) not only caught up but cooked right past them. Even the two "fast" ones up a head. I imagined they were the cheerleaders i so wanted to be a part of but shunned me as a chubby pre-teen.

That chubby teen in me was gleefully cheering today though! I even slowed down so those huffing and puffing teens could kinda catch up and then smoked them again!

Nothing against cheerleaders - and I'm sure they were lovely girls but it really felt satisfying. The 12 year old me was definitely cartwheeling (I could never cartwheel or do a split -- was so upsetting at the time…) and giggling past.

Ah.

:-)

40 and fabulous indeed.

Have you ever had an 'ah' moment like that? Another ah moment for me was showing up at a HS reunion feeling confident and successful… while some of my classmates (including the meanest and most popular) hadn't fared so well. Ooops.

XO
Jen

PS: Pleeeeeeease support the From Fat To Finish Line Film if you can - your pledge will get you really cool stuff - you can score a DVD, training sessions, even some specially made bling! We are so far from the finish line if we don't raise our goal we get nothing, nada, zilch. Also check out the updated trailer while you are there. It's pretty cool.

If you can't afford to donate money - you can help just by helping us spread the word. Share on your FB page, tweet, blog about it… anything would be super appreciated. Takes a village to raise a running documentary! xo thank you.







6 comments:

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 said...

I sure hope they were the cheerleaders and not the track team! If they were huffing and puffing on a training run, what would they look like at a meet?

Unknown said...

tee hee - if it were the track team it would be a waaay better story. ;-) some had on local HS cheer tees on so I'm assuming they were getting an early start to their workouts

misszippy said...

Love this! What a fun moment for you. Hope you left their tongues wagging!

nikki said...

oh the glory!

Sara said...

This post just puts a gigantic smile on my fact - that's awesome! Way to go!!! :) :) And thank you for the birthday wishes - made my day! :)

Unknown said...

Huffing and puffing cheerleaders sound interesting!!What a funny view it might have been!!

TribulusTerrestris