Monday, August 13, 2012

Happy 40th birthday to me! So much to tell ya!

This past Sunday, August 12th - I started my birthday morning with a hangover and watching the Olympic Men's marathon :-) I was bummed about Ryan Hall but still enjoyed the sights from London.

My hubby carefully planned a 40th birthday bash with my sister's husband (I have an identical twin sister) for us to celebrate our 40th together in style. So my Saturday night we partied like it was 1999 and we said goodbye to our 30's. It was a great party.

I got some awesome gifts - lots of gift cards to my favorite running stores.

Cheryl on left me on right - yes we are both clutching our beers
must be a twin thing ;-)
My hubby thoughtfully made sure to have my favorite gluten-free beer on ice and in spite of a giant cake for all of the guests, made sure to find a bakery to make me six little gluten-dairy free cupcakes…

gluten free cupcakes - chocolate one was best!

And my business partner, Angela, even flew in from LA to come to the party!

I'm actually excited to be 40. I really believe this is going to be my decade. I'm far more confident now than I was in my 20's or 30's and I'm in far better shape.

Leading up to my birthday a few cool things happened:

1. Ragnar Miami teammate Linda from Frickin' Fabulous at 40 had this amazing article about her posted on-line at Huffington Po!

2. The From Fat To Finish Line Documentary website went live.

3. I received two cool running products in the mail to review (more about those in a later post)

4. We launched our From Fat To Finish Line Documentary Kickstarter fundraising page.

We are trying to raise money for the documentary. In case you don't know about the documentary you can read all about it here. My credit card, my partner's credit card and my husband's patient can't handle anymore debt and so we are turning to you for some assistance.

We desperately need to raise these funds or the dream of bringing this inspirational project to you might not happen. You can help. From as little as $1 and all the way up we'd appreciate anything you can do. And you'll get cool swag! For example, at the $25 level you'll get a DVD of the film that has all kinds of extras and behind the scenes footage.

So if you can, please help. If you have a blog and can't help financially we'd appreciate you sharing the link.   It really would be the best BDAY gift ever! ;-)

You can also check out a small sneak peek at the trailer here.

XO
Jen

4 comments:

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 said...

So glad you had a fantastic 40th! I know I feel SO much better now than I did when I was 30! I am so excited to be on this adventure with you and everyone else. We HAVE to do this!

Meister, Running While Smiling said...

Happy, happy birthday! In honor of your turning $40, I'll happily pledge toward the documentary Kickstarter. Go gettem!

Unknown said...

Ah Meister - thanks so much xo :-) mucho appreciated!!

Sara said...

Happy belated birthday to you, my BBFF!!! You look absolutely gorgeous!!!! I am so glad to hear you had a fantastic birthday.

It sounds like a lot of wonderful things are on the horizon for you, and I am so happy to be able to a small part of your journey through the blogging world. :)