Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A year in miles, Saucony rocks and other things to be grateful for

I've been feeling really great lately. Running has been on point even with my little trip from the other day. Luckily my ankle has been fine. I have a wee bit of soreness in the arch of my foot and knee but it doesn't really hurt to walk or run so I don't think it's much concern.

I've been feeling super grateful lately. I am a lucky girl in so many ways and for so many reasons.

Tonight I ran pretty speedy (ahem… trying not to say it…for me) and it felt great. 2 miles in 19:20 which is 9:39 average. When I first started running my average was 12:30 - 12:40 with impossible DREAMS of a 11:30 or less.

And what made it even more satisfying is it didn't feel like I was 'racing.' Yes, it felt harder than my long run pace but it was only slightly - medium harder than a comfortable pace. Does that make sense? I still felt I had more in me if I wanted to crank it up or were racing. It's just awesome to be able to look back and track the progress.

Also I really do love daily mile. I love that when Nike craps out (like tonight) I can manually keep track of my miles and pace. Here's my yearly report - not bad.

Finished the year strong!!
And what else do I have to be thankful for?  Never mind a running streak - I'm on a winning streak!! This week I got an Email from Saucony, which I assumed to be the standard Email of thanks for entering our contest blah, blah, blah or advertisement… No what I found out was:


Hello Jennifer,
Thank you for participating in the Saucony Find Your Strong in 2012 Giveaway on our Facebook page and referring friends! I'm reaching out to you because since you referred two or more friends you were eligible for the Grand Prize and were selected as a winner! The Grand Prize is $500 of Saucony Gear!!
Congratulations on being the grand prize winner in the Giveaway and I look forward to hearing from you!

WHAT! GET OUT OF TOWN!!  You know I love Saucony - I mean how many times have I posted my own Saucony sneakers:


Saucony: My very first pair of 'real' running sneakers
And I loved them so much, I bought them again.



And then I got these.


Saucony carried me for my first full marathon

And most recently I got these - current sneakers...
So, needless to say, I am one happy Saucony wearin' winner!! :)

I'm the luckiest and so grateful. $500 smacker-roonies.  I'm going to pick out a great pair of running sneakers, treat myself to a good pair (or two!) compression socks, and then get some other gear.

Want to see some of what I might pick out? Visit Saucony.

And see my name in "lights" on the Saucony Facebook page.

And on a sad note -

I'm also grateful that I've been safe and sound after all of my runs. I'm heartsick and praying for missing runner Sherry Arnold who went out for a run on Saturday morning and is still missing.  SUAR is closely related to her - read more about it here.  It's a reminder that we are vulnerable out there.  Be safe my friends.

XO

Jen















12 comments:

Aimee said...

Great stats! I hope one day my times is as fast as your starting time :) Seems like my distance dream. Congrats on the Saucony win!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Aimee :)

Anonymous said...

SCORE... honestly, I'd probably buy 4 pairs of running shoes. SO nice to be able to have those paid for. Wow.

Unknown said...

Ummmm...jealous! Congrats on the $500!!! That is so cool!

misszippy said...

Yeah, I think that might have been my headline in all caps--$500 worth of Saucony! Amazing!

So, so sad about Sherry Arnold. I just keep thinking she is fighting her hardest to work her way free and get back home.

Mandy said...

Congratulations!!!!!

*~*~* Tracy said...

Congrats on your Win!! That's super cool!

Jo @ simplehappyhealthy.com said...

Congrats on the speedy run,really awesome! And wow on all the new gear you'll be getting, happy shopping.
Hoping for Sherry's safe return.

Jamie @ *that* mom said...

Nice run! I love hearing your battle the whole "fast... for me" challenge. I'm working my way up to race times under 10 minutes per mile and it's amazing, but I'm still logging distance runs at 12 min paces. Plus, I love reading from a fellow Jersey girl! Glad to find your blog.

RunToTheFinish said...

i agree i love my saucony so much!! major congrats

Anonymous said...

Wow, congrats. Nothing beats a solid pair of sneaks!

Suz and Allan said...

Great stats for 2011! Love the new running shoes!