Saturday, January 28, 2012

Freeze Your Thorns Off Race Recap and my new Saucony Loot!

I'm NUMBER 1! Oh. So is everyone. 

There was no freezing for my "Freeze Your Thorns Off Race." It was a lovely 48 degrees - which is lovely running weather for this time of year. I felt pretty good out there and was very proud of my split from about mile 3 - 10:
Happy that I was able to really pick up that last mile - and on
the way back I was running in a pretty good head-wind...
Uphill. on one leg 
So yay. Another virtual race under my belt and a good run to boot.

In other news…

My Saucony prize package came this week.  In case you hadn't heard, here's something to be super jealous of, I won a $500 GRAND PRIZE from Saucony's "Find Your Strong" Facebook Sweepstake! Right!? Best win eva!

Anyway - so the loot came and this is what I got: 

squeal… 3 pairs of new running sneaks!

And I also got arm sleeves, a mask/neck thingy for when it's super cold out, a warm headband thing, compression socks and running pants.

Loving all my stuff! Thanks Saucony! :)

Hope you're enjoying your weekend.

XO
Jen



16 comments:

Jill said...

Nice job on the virtual race (and 10 milers :)) - woohoo!

And yeah, holy jealousness over here on the Saucony win - LOVE Saucony shoes (just ran the marathon in the Cortana and the Kinvaras are my other favies). Enjoy your loot! :)

Jo said...

Congrats on the good run! And enjoy the shoes, such an awesome win!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Jill and Jo!

Run with Jess said...

So cool! I really didn't believe anyone won those contests!? LOL

Unknown said...

I know, Jess! I used to whine, "I never win anything" and it used to be true. I could flip a coin with one other person and lose 20 in a row! But lately my luck has changed.

When they sent me the "congrats" email, I almost didn't open it - it said "Saucony Grand Prize Winner" or something… I just assumed that wouldn't be me but I'm glad I opened it! Just about died!

Anonymous said...

I NEVER WIN!!! But I keep entering the ones I want to win in the hopes that someday I will.... I'd actually rather have a line banging down my door to ask if they can sponsor me...

Maria simone said...

Congrats on both scores! Negative splits :)

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 said...

(clicking tongue) Lucky.

I still don't fully grasp the concept of negative splits.

Unknown said...

Jen - you mean there's not a ton of sponsors knocking down your door!? They are missing out if they aren't. But sponsors. Ahhhh- how nice that would be.

Thanks Maria! :)

Fricken Fab, I'm pretty sure that negative splits just basically means that you get faster every mile of your race or run so in a 5k it might be 11:30, 11:28 and 11:00 -

Unknown said...

That is so awesome that you wont that!! looks awesome!

Jamie from Savannah said...

ShutUP!! You got all that stuff? I mean heck, I'm happy for your race splits, (faster than me by a looooong way) but I am green with envy over your loot, haha!!
Way to score girl! ;)

BabyWeightMyFatAss said...

Still so awesome winning all that stuff!

Karen said...

WTH!!! that is some awesome loot you won there. JEALOUS!

Unknown said...

I know! I still can't believe my good fortune! So excited! :) Thanks for the comments, peeps.

Mandy said...

Great job on the virtual race! Enjoy the awesome Loot!

Suz and Allan said...

I'm crazy jealous of all your new Saucony gear!

Great job with the virtual race!