So here we go…
1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people!
Eleven random things about me:
|Ah. to be 20 something - I'm Miss White Pants right next to Slash|
1. GO MAURY: Some of you may know that I have a small film and TV company that I've been working at launching with partners called Media Meld Studios - you may also know that I worked for Montel Williams for 15+ years building a career in entertainment - but did you know I got my start as an intern with The Maury Povich Show - long before he was declaring, "You are NOT the father…"
2. VEGGIE TALES: My favorite vegetable is Kale my least favorite is bell peppers but at 39 years old, they are finally starting to grow on me.
3. LOFTY GOALS: As a little kid the first thing I wanted to be when "I grow up" was a nurse. Specifically, "Nurse Miller" because I thought all nurses took on a nurse name. The second thing I wanted to be was, "a dedicated tennis player" because it wasn't enough to merely be a tennis player. I never played a game of tennis in my life at that point… in fact it was probably another 15 years before I finally took a lesson. So much for dedication.
4. NAME DROPPING: I've had a few cool celebrity moments in the day thanks to my TV jobs thru the years: Shots with Mathew McConahay, teaching Slash how to play tournament-style poker, chatting up Judd Nelson at an Oscan party, doing wardrobe for Joan Rivers, crashing a Ben Affleck movie premiere party and getting to meet him and his mother -- just to name a few.
5. PARLE VOUS FRANCAIS? French was my favorite class in high school - I was even named the president of the french honor society for my school. My second favorite class was English Lit. I sucked, sucked, sucked at math.
6. FIST PUMP IT! I am third-generation Jersey girl. Garden-state (haha) thru and thru. Which means I don't pump my own gas, get great pizza and hear endless jokes about "New Joisey," "The Sopranos," and "Snookie."
7. J-E-T-S. Yes. I'm an unfortunate fan. It's not easy being green.
8. VICES. I used to drink a lot, gamble a lot and smoke a lot of cigarettes. Not gonna lie, I still would love to do all three, however I'm trying to not be a broke/alcoholic with lung cancer, therefore I refrain 99% of the time from 99% of my former vices. A pack a day habit probably wouldn't be supportive of my running goals either lol. ;) (Quit smoking in 2001)
9. U2. My first concert was when I was a freshman in High School - I went to see U2's Joshua Tree tour. LOVED it.
10. IRONMAN 70.3 dreams. I don't know why but I really want to do one someday. I haven't swum a lap in years and haven't been on a bike since I was 12. That doesn't scare me. I signed up for my first half marathon before I had ever run for a second in my life. If I had the money to upgrade to a gym with a pool (the only one in our area is 3 times more expensive than my current membership) and could make all the other financial and time commitments i would already be training for one. Don't be surprised when I figure out how to start training for one, one of these days.
11. LAST NAME. When I got married - 17 years ago! (OMG) I never changed my last name. I kept my maiden name. No hyphen, nothing. No one did that then, but I did because it felt weird taking on a new one. I always hated my last name but when faced with giving up, I didn't want to. It's never been a big deal although when people call my husband by my last name accidentally - it irks him a bit. Interestingly, my twin sister made the same decision to keep her maiden name too.
11 Questions from Jen:
You are stranded on a deserted island. Tell me
1. What are the 5 foods you would pick to have with you? Pizza, dark chocolate, leafy greens, oatmeal, pineapple
2. What 2 things would you pick to drink?
fresh water chocolate milk and red wine
3. What book would you want to have? Picture album of my loved ones
4. You are visited by ONE person for 24 hours only, who is it? I would have to flip a shell to determine whether that would be my identical twin sister or son or hubby… jeeze. HARD ONE -- probably have to be my son - though he's a rowdy four year old… A deserted island might be nice for a few days.
5. You can have ONE skill that you do not currently posses? What is it? If I'm still on the island, I would say making fire. If I'm off the island maybe singing? Maybe being a 'dedicated' tennis playing-Ironman?"
You just won 5 million dollars! Tell me
1. What is the first thing you do? Scream 'holy sh!t'!
2. What is the first thing you buy? A new car
3. Who is the first person you share your winnings with? hubby
4. Would you relocate? Where? Maybe. Would definitely get a new house. Either someplace in Jersey or head back out to Southern Cali.
5. Would you donate to charity? YES
6. You must buy me a gift, what do you get me?? 10 training sessions with Chrissy Wellington at fantasy Ironman training camp.
EMZ's 11 questions:
1. Do you love or hate the treadmill and why? Love. I prefer outside but I love having the option and for all these reasons too.
2. Describe yourself in three words. Loyal, funny, creative
3. Describe your best friend. loyal, passionate, funny, awesome, partner in crime
4. Text or call? text
5. Favorite place to eat? Ruth Chris
6. Where did you first see your wife/husband/significant other? I was working as a sales girl at Chess King in 1990!
7. Do you buy lottery tickets? Occasionally
8. The first thing you do in the morning. pee while already thinking about my first cup of coffee
9. Favorite recovery drink. Chocolate Honeymilk
10. If you could have any car in the world, which would you buy? BMW SUV
11. What do you collect? hmm. I don't think I collect anything. Though I seem to hoard everything.
Here are my 11 questions for those I tag:
1. What was your first job?
2. If you could only hear one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?
3. Favorite quote or saying?
4. Disney World, Vegas or a cruise?
5. Your favorite "kid" movie?
6. Celebrity crush?
7. Dream race?
8. Favorite blog? (Bonus points if it's mine… just kidding. not really.) :)
9. Italian food, Greek Food or Asian?
10. Favorite sports team?
11. What was your first concert?
AND I'm tagging you folks…
Lesley - Racing It off
Michel - Baby Weight My Fat Ass
Fricken' Fabulous at 40
Sara at Words To Run By
Nicole at The Scenik Route
Courtney at A so-called runner
Caroline at Canadian runner in Exile
Erica at Life as a Running Mom
Jeff at Detroit Runner
Amanda at Miss Zippy
Lisa at Turtle Lisa
WHEW. Longest blog ever. If you read this all… Thank you. If you didn't - I don't blame you! ;)