Wednesday, January 25, 2012

11 Random Things

Jen at Miles, Muscles and Mommyhood tagged me in this post - AND Emz from 'You've Freaking. Got. This.' also tagged me! I feel so loved...


So here we go…


The rules:


1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people! 


Eleven random things about me:


Ah. to be 20 something - I'm Miss White Pants right next to Slash




1. GO MAURY: Some of you may know that I have a small film and TV company that I've been working at launching with partners called Media Meld Studios - you may also know that I worked for Montel Williams for 15+ years building a career in entertainment - but did you know I got my start as an intern with The Maury Povich Show - long before he was declaring, "You are NOT the father…"


2. VEGGIE TALES: My favorite vegetable is Kale my least favorite is bell peppers but at 39 years old, they are finally starting to grow on me.


3. LOFTY GOALS: As a little kid the first thing I wanted to be when "I grow up" was a nurse. Specifically, "Nurse Miller" because I thought all nurses took on a nurse name.  The second thing I wanted to be was, "a dedicated tennis player" because it wasn't enough to merely be a tennis player. I never played a game of tennis in my life at that point… in fact it was probably another 15 years before I finally took a lesson. So much for dedication.


4. NAME DROPPING: I've had a few cool celebrity moments in the day thanks to my TV jobs thru the years: Shots with Mathew McConahay, teaching Slash how to play tournament-style poker, chatting up Judd Nelson at an Oscan party, doing wardrobe for Joan Rivers, crashing a Ben Affleck movie premiere party and getting to meet him and his mother -- just to name a few.


5. PARLE VOUS FRANCAIS? French was my favorite class in high school - I was even named the president of the french honor society for my school.  My second favorite class was English Lit. I sucked, sucked, sucked at math.


6. FIST PUMP IT! I am third-generation Jersey girl. Garden-state (haha) thru and thru. Which means I don't pump my own gas, get great pizza and hear endless jokes about "New Joisey," "The Sopranos," and "Snookie."


7. J-E-T-S. Yes. I'm an unfortunate fan. It's not easy being green.


8. VICES. I used to drink a lot, gamble a lot and smoke a lot of cigarettes. Not gonna lie, I still would love to do all three, however I'm trying to not be a broke/alcoholic with lung cancer, therefore I refrain 99% of the time from 99% of my former vices. A pack a day habit probably wouldn't be supportive of my running goals either lol. ;) (Quit smoking in 2001)


9. U2. My first concert was when I was a freshman in High School - I went to see U2's Joshua Tree tour. LOVED it.


10. IRONMAN 70.3 dreams.  I don't know why but I really want to do one someday. I haven't swum a lap in years and haven't been on a bike since I was 12. That doesn't scare me. I signed up for my first half marathon before I had ever run for a second in my life. If I had the money to upgrade to a gym with a pool (the only one in our area is 3 times more expensive than my current membership) and could make all the other financial and time commitments i would already be training for one. Don't be surprised when I figure out how to start training for one, one of these days.  


11. LAST NAME. When I got married - 17 years ago! (OMG) I never changed my last name. I kept my maiden name. No hyphen, nothing. No one did that then, but I did because it felt weird taking on a new one. I always hated my last name but when faced with giving up, I didn't want to. It's never been a big deal although when people call my husband by my last name accidentally - it irks him a bit. Interestingly, my twin sister made the same decision to keep her maiden name too. 


11 Questions from Jen:


You are stranded on a deserted island.  Tell me


1. What are the 5 foods you would pick to have with you? Pizza, dark chocolate, leafy greens, oatmeal, pineapple
2. What 2 things would you pick to drink? fresh water chocolate milk and red wine
3. What book would you want to have? Picture album of my loved ones
4. You are visited by ONE person for 24 hours only, who is it? I would have to flip a shell to determine whether that would be my identical twin sister or son or hubby… jeeze. HARD ONE -- probably have to be my son - though he's a rowdy four year old… A deserted island might be nice for a few days.
5. You can have ONE skill that you do not currently posses? What is it? If I'm still on the island, I would say making fire. If I'm off the island maybe singing? Maybe being a 'dedicated' tennis playing-Ironman?"

You just won 5 million dollars! Tell me

1. What is the first thing you do? Scream 'holy sh!t'! 
2. What is the first thing you buy? A new car 
3. Who is the first person you share your winnings with? hubby
4. Would you relocate? Where? Maybe. Would definitely get a new house. Either someplace in Jersey or head back out to Southern Cali.
5. Would you donate to charity? YES 
6. You must buy me a gift, what do you get me?? 10 training sessions with Chrissy Wellington at fantasy Ironman training camp.

EMZ's 11 questions:

1. Do you love or hate the treadmill and why? Love. I prefer outside but I love having the option and for all these reasons too.
2. Describe yourself in three words. Loyal, funny, creative
3. Describe your best friend. loyal, passionate, funny, awesome, partner in crime
4. Text or call? text 
5. Favorite place to eat? Ruth Chris 
6. Where did you first see your wife/husband/significant other? I was working as a sales girl at Chess King in 1990!
7. Do you buy lottery tickets? Occasionally
8. The first thing you do in the morning. pee while already thinking about my first cup of coffee
9. Favorite recovery drink. Chocolate Honeymilk 
10. If you could have any car in the world, which would you buy? BMW SUV 
11. What do you collect? hmm. I don't think I collect anything. Though I seem to hoard everything.



Here are my 11 questions for those I tag:


1.  What was your first job?
2.  If you could only hear one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?
3.  Favorite quote or saying?
4.  Disney World, Vegas or a cruise?
5.  Your favorite "kid" movie?
6.  Celebrity crush?
7.  Dream race?
8.  Favorite blog? (Bonus points if it's mine… just kidding. not really.) :)
9.  Italian food, Greek Food or Asian?
10. Favorite sports team?
11. What was your first concert?


AND I'm tagging you folks…


Lesley - Racing It off
Michel - Baby Weight My Fat Ass
Fricken' Fabulous at 40
Sara at Words To Run By
Nicole at The Scenik Route
Courtney at A so-called runner
Caroline at Canadian runner in Exile
Erica at Life as a Running Mom
Jeff at Detroit Runner
Amanda at Miss Zippy
Lisa at Turtle Lisa

WHEW. Longest blog ever. If you read this all… Thank you. If you didn't - I don't blame you! ;)


XO
Jen







10 comments:

Emz said...

I sooooooo super love this!!
Ruth's Chris. Holy. Yum.
Treadmill love. All smiles.
BMW. Love BMW 's!!
You rock woman!!
Thanks for playing!!! :]

Maria Simone said...

This was so enjoyable to read!

In terms of a 70.3, you can totally do it. I have NEVER swum a lap in my life nor had I ever rode on a road bike, and I went from starting to swim and road biking to my first 70.3 in 6 months. Since that first 70.3 in 2009, I've done several more plus two Ironmans. If you want it, you will make it happen :)

You got the determination & motivation. The rest will come.

And, I never changed my name when I got married either (I'm 38, been married almost 12 years). I still get funny looks sometimes, and people have even said things like, "Oh, you're one of *those*" What evahhh.

Thanks for sharing.

Suz and Allan said...

I absolutely love posts like this! Always so much fun to read.

I am sure that a 70.3 is more than possible for you and I can't wait to read all about it someday soon!

Unknown said...

Love your 11 randoms!! I also wish I could do 70.3 but I doubt it!

Crazy that both you and your sister didnt change names. I am sure at the time it was crazy but now its becoming more common. I might have kept mine if my old last name wasnt so hard for people to get right!

Caroline said...

ok #5 is my favorite of your 11....
ha ha!!!!

#11: In Quebec,all women keep their names. no name changing if you get married. I always thought I would keep MY name. Then I married an American and I applied for a green card and was told I HAD to change my name to show "good faith" in the marriage so I did....

I will play!
thanks for tagging me!

misszippy said...

So much fun, beginning w/ that picture! What a fun life you have led. We're all glad you have traded vices, though ('cause running really is a vice!).

Go for the 70.3--you'll love it.

Thanks for tagging me! I have to get busy answering!

Erica Gorman said...

Thanks for the tag and given me inspiration today!

Unknown said...

you totally WIN the award for best fake gift I'd give to Jen if I won 5 million dollars! woooo hoooo

I can't wait until you are ready to take the leap on your first half :) I'll help you any way I can girl!!

Here's to not being fat, not smoking and loving the JETS!!!
*fist bump*

Jason said...

Let's discuss how a Jersey Girl becomes a Jets fan.

They played at Shea Stadium as a kid and the Giants have always played in Jersey while we have been alive so how does that work?

Is your family originally from Long Island then?

Sara said...

I read it all - it was great to find out more about you! And thanks for the tag!! :)

70.0!? You can do it - you amaze me! I can't wait for this!!