Thursday, February 10, 2011

It's my running birthday! Gonna run like it's my running birthday!

Well, actually - I suck. My "running birthday" was Feb. 8th and with how busy I have been - it came and went and I forgot to celebrate!  You can read my very first post here.

BUT-

I'm not one to skip a celebration, so though I write this on Feb. 10th - I'm partying today like it's my running birthday!

I am in LA again this week. Lucky me has been invited to attend the GRAMMY awards for the second year in a row.  The company that I cofounded with my biz partner and running buddy, Angela - produced this really (if I do say so myself) awesome documentary called: Happy On The Ground: 8 Days at GRAMMY Camp. We worked closely with the GRAMMY peeps so we get to go.

Anyhoo, in honor of my one year running birthday, I ran around Angela's lovely LA neighborhood - and got treated to this:

Actual street I ran this morning

Instead of this:
my usual tread at gym

I am also running the 10K Firecracker run through Downtown LA on Sunday and can't wait - looks like a great race.

And in honor of my birthday… take it away 50…


XO
Jen




8 comments:

nikki said...

i am so excited for you and your race!!! it looks so beautiful there. xo

Jason said...

That is awesome. Glad you found your mojo.

And check out that pace....hello speedy!!!

Enjoy Cali and the Grammy peeps

KovasP said...

Happy running bday!

Rose @ Eat, Drink, and Be Meiri said...

How long are you in LA? You should try to plan a running meet up!

Molly said...

Happy Running Birthday! very cool you're going to the Grammy's...I went once in NY, was so much fun!

The Skårtist said...

I cannot believe it's only been a year. Can you imagine that once you couldn't run more than a block? I went back and read your first post. Wow. It just makes you realize how much you can accomplish when you set goals and push yourself.

Unknown said...

Thanks all! :) Rose where are you located? send me an email: jenroe@me.com

Sara said...

Happy Running Birthday! It looks absolutely beautiful where you ran - I wish the snow and ice here would go away. Have fun and be safe! :)