Thursday, September 27, 2012

More stuff I'm loving!

who doesn't love a little George Michael?
source

OK - I must be in "running appreciation mode" because all week I've been finding stuff to love in my running world.

Obviously, I'm loving my running buddies (and I got to do another 10 miler with them this morning.)

I'm loving coconut water post long runs - it really has made a difference in my recovery and I feel good when I drink it. The flavor of the plain one takes a second to get used to but I found one that is flavored with pineapple puree that's delish.

I'm loving revisiting the 80's on my iPod - recently downloaded a little old school George Michael and who knew "Freedom" was such a fun song to run to?

I'm really loving my local Road Runner's Sports in Paramus. Today, I decided to swing by to pick up a handheld water bottle and a few gels (more about the gels later). While there I thought I would take a chance to return a pair of sneakers that I had already worn AND no longer had a receipt.  A few weeks ago I ordered a pair of sneakers from their website. I figured I would keep them - they were the brand and size I like but in the next generation, so I tossed all the packaging and stuff. Unfortunately, it's been a few runs and they just don't feel right.

Well, 3-4 runs, a few weeks and no receipt later and the store didn't bat an eye in letting me return them. They even let me take my time and try on a bunch of sneakers, even letting me run on one of their treadmills to test them all out. I love that everyone there are runners, in fact a bunch of the salespeople are even doing a Ragnar this weekend.

And. I'm loving my new sneakers… beauties! Brooks Trance 11. Though I'm yet to run in them - so that will be the true test -- and of-course, I can bring them back if they don't work out!

Sooo purdy

Back to the gels. I am also loving these new gels I found - they are called Ignite Naturals. I was immediately drawn to them because they are gluten/dairy/artificial sweetener free and organic. Since I am always having tummy troubles, gels are tough for me. I couldn't wait to give them a shot.

I emailed the company and they sent me a few samples. The first one I tried was a little tart for me (the Raspberry pomegranate flavor) but the other two - blackberry blueberry and wildberry are great. They are a little bigger than the average gel which might bother some but doesn't really matter too much to me. Impressively they really delivered in the energy department and most importantly NO TUMMY TROUBLE. CARTWHEELS!!

I thought I was going to have to order them online but lucky me saw a box of them at Road Runner today, so I bought them.  :-)

sample pack of 3 

I'm also loving Udi's breads. Thank you for making a tasty gluten-free bread. It's pricey but for this soup and sandwich loving gal it's worth every penny. I made a lovely BLT today (made with another fav. turkey bacon from Applegate Farms) and it was sooo yummy.

All in all a good all-things running day.

What are some of your favorite things?

XO
Jen

PS: No one has paid me or asked for these reviews -- they are entirely my 'off the cuff' fav. things… though Ignite gels did send me a few samples and if any of the mentioned products feel like sending a few coupons - I wouldn't be mad at you ;-)


8 comments:

nikki said...

another great run today! loved our fun in the park!! good luck with your new shoes... xo

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 said...

Favorite things?? Hmmm...I do love me some 80's music on my running playlist. There's some Tears For Fears, The Cure, Rob Base, Modern English, Technotronic...I have a pretty broad taste in music. Other favs... peanut butter, chocolate, the usual. I think I'm pretty easy to please!

Unknown said...

I love running in tri shorts since i pee myself all the time, the little chamois in there sops it all up! lol Gross but true

I love my NormaTec recovery boots. Wow, 21 miles yesterday and I could do another 21 today...but I won't.

Balega socks. Getting more today....

who doesn't love GM? I have loved him since 4th grade xo The 80's Freaking ROCK!

KiKiD said...

Have you tried chocolate coconut water? Delicious. I still can't handle the plain.

Unknown said...

KiKi - I haven't tried the chocolate yet. I have seen it but was skeptical that it would taste good. Maybe I will give it a shot now that I've got a recommendation.

I am really finding coconut water to be helpful. My tummy gets upset (of course it does!) with sports drinks so I bought the hand held water bottle so I can carry coconut water during my next half marathon.

Anonymous said...

OMG I love the chocolate one!! I can not deal with plain but the chocolate one kind of reminds me on watery yoohoo <3

Unknown said...

WOW! That's two votes for the chocolate coconut water - I'm gonna go look up ingredients right now - I (why wouldn't I be) have a lactose intolerance so I just have to be careful of that.

Anonymous said...

[p]On single runner ramps, the width should be at least as wide as your tire . Soaking [url=http://www.mbtstores.co.uk/mens-mbt-pata-shoes-taupe.html]shoes on clearance online[/url] and cooking them well minimizes bloating . SSE a kick-off, he just risen to eight hundred every one thousand 7 hundred . M B T g o e s p a s t w h i c h b y g i v i n g d i f f i c u l t i n o r d e r t o f o o t , Y e t r e d u c i n g o f y o u r c u r r e n t m u s c l e g r o u p s i n s i d e h o b b y . Recall those who grow and deliver your food, Keep using solar energy and telephone running, Provide emergency health care, And protect the protection of your community and your nation . The simplest way regarding accomplishing this can be to breathe deeply even though rolling your own shoulders backwards . I seriously think that we are ideal candidates for affordable auto insurance costs as
Florida Affordable Auto Insurance Rate
they lower the premiums when you use car [url=http://www.mbtstoresuk.co.uk/women-s-mbt-kafala-shoes-black.html]footwear shoes store[/url] pool or trains and buses MBT Shoes . The consultation area featuring the most major impact isthat of e-Security leaders services, Which grow from $450million [url=http://www.mbtshoeswomen.co.uk/women-s-mbt-rafiki-gtx-shoes-sand.html]mbt shoes sandals[/url] in 2001 to $1.[/p][p]And it makes everything possible . Its bustiers area current particularly brands created for all sorts [url=http://www.cheapmbtboots.co.uk/mbt-bara-shoes-brown-womens.html]wide fitting shoes[/url] of women . still, Parents have to take notice of the size of their little one's feet . You may skip all the particular exercises and still drop a few pounds, still tone up and strengthen your muscle tissues as you work your means by way of the day in your mbt shoes . The death [url=http://www.mbtstoresuk.co.uk/womens-mbt-panda-sandals-chocolate.html]target shoes australia[/url] rate is becoming bigger . And then, you will choose the most valuable correct shoes for yourself . This design is the logo of the Adidas Company . [url=http://www.mbtstores.co.uk/women-s-mbt-tunisha-shoes-grape.html]mtb clipless shoes[/url] 7.[/p]