Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Happy Running Birthday to Me!


Yippee! Today I turn 2!

It was two years ago today I made a decision that has changed the course of my life. I had no idea that I was about to embark on a journey that would help me to shed the last 50 pounds of my weight loss, make countless friends, take amazing adventures and profoundly change me inside and out.

If I stop to think about all the priceless gifts that running has given me, I become truly overwhelmed with emotion and gratitude. I have no idea where I would be or WHO I would be today if I hadn't decided to take that first step.

Along with my running birthday, I celebrate the 2nd anniversary of this blog! 


I appreciate each and everyone of you who has supported me in my journey with your advice, words of kindness, jokes and kicks in the ass. If it weren't for the running community and the love and support out there - I'm not sure  I would be still running. I had so much help along the way.

For my running birthday and blogging anniversary, I took a 3 mile run around the neighborhood. Still in LA working and it was nice to see this kind of landscaping and blue skies on my run: 

perfect day for a running birthday
In case you feel like taking a walk down memory lane - here was my first post.  And here was my post from my first running birthday - which also coincidentally happened while I was in LA last year!

XO
Jen





18 comments:

Rose @ Eat, Drink, and Be Meiri said...

Happy runniversary!

Unknown said...

Thank you Rose!

Gigi said...

Happy Runnaversary!!!

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 said...

Happy birthday AND anniversary! I wish I knew the day I actually started running. It was sometime in March 2010. (I wonder if I still have the printout of the C25K program that I kept notes on. That might give me a clue.) I do have to catch up on your blog, so I'm glad you provided the links! Congratulations on all of your accomplishments and here's to many, many more!

Sherry @ Life from my persective said...

Happy runniversary!!! You rock!

BabyWeightMyFatAss said...

Happy Runnaversary!! Congrats on the first day of your new life!

Fríða said...

Happy runniversary. :) I just found your blog and I sure will follow you.

Suz and Allan said...

Happy Runniversary and Happy Birthday to you blog!

Detroit Runner(Jeff) said...

Congrats for changing your life.

jamie said...

Happy birthday pretty girl!!

*~*~* Tracy said...

Happy Runniversary to you! And congrats on making a good life choice and sticking with it!

Jason said...

Happy Anniversary....awesome that it has been two years and it has gone by so fast.

We need to make sure that we schedule an event or have one of us travel to see the other race or something.

Sara said...

It's so weird how similar our stories have been! I am honored to know you and call you my BBFF!! :)

Happy Birthday to you and your blog! I'm so happy to know you! :)

Maria Simone said...

Happy anniversary! I'm glad I was able to join in for your journey at this point.

Connie said...

Congratulations & Happy Anniversary! I am just beginning my journey to lose weight (265 lbs. of weigh loss - YIKES) and get fit. It is very inspiring to read stories like yours! Thank you for being willing to share!

Molly said...

Happy Blog and Running Anniversary!!!

LilyWren said...

Happy Anniversary Jen!! Hope I am saying the same thing in 2 years time!

Well done you :)
xx

Anonymous said...

1, tetracycline,