Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 34 - 111 days to go - first day of the rest of my running life


I am back.

First apologies about not posting every day but it's been kind of slow and rather than bore you, I think I'm going to just blog a few times a week when there's something relevant going on.

My toe looks ugly as hell and is still tender but in a sneaker and running it feels as good as new.

AHHH.

So now, no more excuses.  No more BS, no more whining.  It's just me and training.  The first day of the rest of my running life.

I'm still waiting on the edge of my seat to find out about the NYC marathon.  Still not quite sure what I'm hoping for here. ;)  I do think that if I don't get it, I am 90% sure I'm going to attempt the Vegas full, so the training will happen.

I ran around town today for a little over 2 miles.  It was a good but easy run (only 4.7 mph) and I thought it was a longer run.  I really have to get that NIKE + thing, I think it'll be helpful - I'm ready to turn the corner and get focused.  I've been floundering the last few weeks with food and training.  I've new goals to reach and most importantly - I am yet to prove to myself that this is truly the new me.  This isn't a fluke, running the 1/2 wasn't just something to do to say I could - it's the beginning of running towards a new me.

There will always be a fear of slipping back into old habits.  I know that I'll always be a cheeseburger and a few lazy days away from a size 16 or more.  It scares me but I'm going to remain in the fight no matter what.

Yesterday I had a fortune cookie with lunch.  I loved my fortune.  It read:

Winning isn't everything but the will to win is.

XO
Jen

2 comments:

whyCaRe said...

Congrats on seeing your original goal through. Be sure to take a picture of your toe (don't post it). That way you can keep track of your war wounds! Why would you not get the NYC marathon? Keep on bloggin', it's really fun to follow along on your journey. Say "hi" to the family for me. Ttyl...

Unknown said...

thanks, Darren! Well, the NYC marathon is tough to get into you have to qualify and stuff OR you can get in if a charity sponsors you - I'm waiting to hear if this certain charity backs me or not.

Thanks for the compliment and for following the journey! Hope to see you next time you're back in Jersey!!