Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 31 - 114 days to go - I'm running!



Yay!

Got my running sneakers on today! (Yesterday I wore a bigger pair of crappy sneakers I own)  They felt pretty good and though my toe still feels a little sore, I decided to suck it up and run.

Actually, I had to run for my sanity and I'm glad I did.

It was only for 1.5 miles (about 20 mins) but it felt really good.  Though the overall average was around 4.7 mph - there were plenty of times I was running between 5.3 - 6.0.  the good thing about having a sore toe is the pain from the toe, distracts you from how hard you are working.  And then when your blood starts pumping and the endorphins kick in, you no longer care about the sore toe.  It works out perfectly.

I am still running a little "off" so while I was tempted to, I decided not to run much further.  I don't need to hurt my knee or something from running improperly, so I did some upper body training and called it a day.

All in all, i'm happy that I'm back on track - pretty soon I have to start training.  Haven't heard if I was selected for the NYC marathon or not but either way -- I gotta get back to some real running.

No comments: