Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 28 - 117 days to go - 26 Miles?


Hey all - sorry I haven't been around.  My stupid toe is still mending and I'm still not running.  It sucks.  It's feeling better but it still doesn't feel good in a sneaker.  I'm hoping to get out there within the next few days because I am fighting feelings of feeling blobby.

Anyway, this is kind of big news.  I might run the NYC marathon!  A friend of mine who works for a big non-profit called me today.  I guess her charity sponsors runners and they are interested in possibly sponsoring me!  My first instinct was to say no.  I mean 26 miles in a 158 days?  And the NYC marathon is no joke.  This is a serious race with lots of hills and real runners.  This isn't running along a boardwalk.  This is hard core.

Yikes.

I don't even have a full set of toes to work out with yet.  How could I pull this off?  How could I say yes?

But, how could I say no?  I just finished reading a book from a psychic intuitive who writes that nothing is an accident and that when the universe offers you opportunity, you must take it.  If the world opens the door - it's up to you to walk through.

I've been hemming and hawing about going for a full marathon and not only did the Biggest Loser remind me that it's possible but then here's this friend whom I've talked to all of twice in the last two years, calling to offer me this golden opportunity.  Not to mention that I wouldn't only be running for myself but raising money for charity.

So there you have it.  I told her yes, I would be thrilled.  There's myself and five others they are considering backing, so if they choose me - I guess I'll be running 26 miles come November.

XO
Jen

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Either November or December. I hope you beat me to the full and do it in November!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Ang, we'll see. ;)

Frannie said...

OMG- love it! You'll figure it out somehow... if you still want to do the half in Sept. let me know... I didn't sign up yet... what about you? You are a rock star!

Unknown said...

I am definitely going for that half -- it'll be right on target for my training anyway! Let's do it!