Thursday, June 3, 2010

day 30 - 115 days to go - baby stepping and baby running

I went back to the gym today with the sole goal of doing the bike.  I even managed to get my own sneakers on today, though it felt pretty uncomfortable on the toe, I was happy to be in them.

I was on the bike and damn it, a good song came on.  I just had to try.

So I got on the treadmill and ran.  Oh it was not a pretty run - it was stiff and funky - I probably looked like a zombie from night of the living dead, kind of dragging my left foot.  And it wasn't fast (like 3.8) AND it certainly wasn't long - only five minutes, due to pain and the fact that I feared the zombie walk could lead to injuring my hip or knee, (such bad form) - BUT- none the less run I did.  Zombie foot drag and all, I enjoyed it and felt a renewed hope that I'll be on my way once again.  

After my five minutes of running, I went back to the bike, rode a couple of miles to burn a few calories and limped  back to my car feeling pretty victorious.  Tomorrow, maybe I'll run for six minutes... 

XO
Jen

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ouch! I hope it doesn't cause any set backs. Give it the time it needs. You'll be back ruling the road soon.

Unknown said...

But come on, you gotta love the perfect picture I found of the zombie on the treadmill! Just wish it was a girl zombie. LOL