Saturday, January 15, 2011

Skinny Jeans - a goal weight before and after

Hello there -

Sorry for the lapse in blogs this week- I'm in glorious, sunny, warm, snow, coat and cold weather free California... My 3 mile run yesterday was fantastic and as I ran past palm trees in a short sleeve tee and as the sun warmed my face, I felt like I died and went to running heaven.

Ahhh.  If not for a husband and a son I adore and miss, I might have made the decision to never go home but I probably will return to Jersey on Wednesday. I think.

Anyway, I wrote a blog about getting to my goal weight last week and Christine aptly reminded me that most people do like a little before and after action for such things.  I'm pretty much the worst picture taker ever - which is unfortunate because coupled with my crappy memory - I forget a whole lot of things. Lucky for me, I have a few friends and family members that are pretty good, so I can piece together things here and there.

I know that I did a before and after blog a month ago, so maybe this is redundant - but the "after" wasn't goal weight, it wasn't full length and I was wearing running attire... So, I figure all is fair, even if I did blow my before and after load, prematurely.

Now, I want you to know how much I love you because I really hate this before picture - it's not just because I was really overweight but I don't think it's a particularly good photo. But, you get the gist of the "before" and I guess that's the point.  And if I was a better picture taker, I'd have more of a selection.

I am the plus sized gal on the right
I'm here in LA with the girl on the left, she's a celebrity fashion stylist (and my bff) and finally helped me get out of sweat pants last night and into some real clothes. I haven't really shopped for anything new yet, because money is tight, and when I have a few bucks - I'm usually putting it towards running crap.  So I'm wearing her skinny jeans in this photo - (The word "skinny" has never been a part of my clothing vocabulary - ever.) and the blouse - is a favorite shirt of mine that I actually have worn since the size 20 days... It still works somehow.

wow. eat less + exercise. What a concept.
So there you have it.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to make my way to the beach for a little running and enjoy the rest of the sunny days... maybe I'll even treat myself to my own pair of skinny jeans.

XO
Jen



18 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Ang - and thanks for taking the "after" picture!! XO

yummypoptart31 said...

Beautiful!!!! Congrats!! :)

Caroline said...

nice! where are you in Cali?
by the beach it must be nice and cooler then where I am where we are feeling like it July already and I personally hate it!

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara said...

I AM BLOWN AWAY! Looking at your pictures - before and after - you were always gorgeous, but NOW you are drop-dead GORGEOUS! You just radiate happiness, positivity, and beauty! I am so inspired by you!! Thank you for sharing your pictures, I know how hard it must be. Every time I post an old picture of me, I am embarrassed by the way I used to look (and still do sometimes). I hope to be like you someday and maybe even get to the point where I can SAY "skinny" jeans in the same sentence as "I."
Oh and btw - I am SO JEALOUS that you are running past palm trees in a t-shirt with the SUN shining on you. I have this totally awesome picture of you running through radiant beams of light in my head (sorry if that's a little weird), it could be because I am delirious from not seeing the sun in months now....

Rose @ Eat, Drink, and Be Meiri said...

You look fantastic!!

Anonymous said...

You look amazing!!! Go get those skinny jeans!

Unknown said...

Aww Jenn you look so pretty and demure. This is wonderful....xxoo jeannette

Unknown said...

Thanks all - sorry I'm not around - so busy out here - missing my blogging friends!! xoxox

Anonymous said...

Go CRAZY in your SKINNY JEANS! you look amazing!

financecupcake said...

Daaaaang, mama! You look fantastic!

Jason said...

That noise you just heard in Cali was my jaw hitting the floor at how good you look. Keep up the great work and enjo Cali.....

Unknown said...

Thanks, guys - :)

Anonymous said...

You look great! You deserve those skinny jeans!!!

Sara said...

I know I already tell you, but you are my HERO, which is why I am giving you the Stylish Blogger Award! See why!!! http://www.wordstorunby.com/2011/01/and-award-goes-to.html

Demetria Raper said...

ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY BEAUTIFUL!! i love how encouraging you are to others! ROCK those skinny jeans, girl!

Frannie said...

Wow! You look awesome! I'm so impressed with your dedication!