Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Never say never

So around mile 11 - 13 on Sunday I swore up and down, "Never again. Never another 13 - this isn't necessary." My legs were on fire, my back was aching, what was I doing?

Though as it was happening I was proud of what I was doing, the pain was still throbbing thru. It was a "nice run." I made it across the finish line - But no more marathons...

FINISH!

Yeah. Right.

I stuck to that idea until I wrote the "eh" blog of the other day. Where, already the wheels were churning on how to pick up my pace.

And then I got the Jersey Shore marathon email... And I signed up!


So, here we go again... the journey continues.

XO
Jen

PS: I ran / power walked two miles again to keep moving and to break in the new sneaks...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay!
Don't forget you can always to the Rock 'n Roll Half here in LA with me next month too. ;-D

Unknown said...

hehe -- I had a feeling you'd bring that up. ;) never say never but probably not, not sure I'm ready to do it again quite yet but I'll get back to you on that one in a few days!

Anonymous said...

You can't stop! LOL. It's an addiction, and who doesn't like a sport where we ALL get a medal???

Nicole said...

YES!!! oxo

Julie @ HotlegsRunner said...

Never say never! Yup you said it! =) You can do it!

Unknown said...

:) Thanks all - Leslie, soooo bummed, this past Sunday's race DIDN"T give medals! What the heck!? I had to just take my rubbery legs and pride home - lol