Saturday, December 30, 2017

My Take on the New Freestyle Weight Watchers Program

So I've been floundering around with Weight Watchers since the beginning of time. (Ok for the last year or so). I've been going to my meetings (which I really, really enjoy) but the actual following through and following the program has been dicey.

I don't know what happens. I go to the meeting, get excited for the week ahead, track a meal or two and then it all falls to shit. Rinse and repeat. Sigh.

Love when I manage to get those blue dots!
Anyway, I'm really excited about this new program and feeling rejuvenated. The first week of trying it I absolutely loved it and recorded a great loss for me. Basically, you get a few less points but there are a lot of point-free foods to keep you satisfied.

Great loss for me! First week on Freestyle

The "free" foods include:

  • Eggs
  • Skinless chicken breast
  • Beans 
  • Tofu
  • Edamame
  • Most fish 
  • Corn
  • Peas
  • Fruits & Veggies 
  • Fat free plain Greek yogurt
The first week that I did it I was super prepared - I made hard boiled eggs for quick and free snacks, I made a big batch of chicken chili and I roasted chick peas for crunchier snacks. I was never hungry because truthfully, there's no reason to not eat something if you're hungry. There can be many choices... if you're prepared. 

The second week was weaker for me because I didn't meal prep, I wasn't as prepared and it made a big differnce. This is the big key for me. I must, must plan and prep.

Steamed Shrimp and Broccoli - FREE
1/3 cup brown rice - 2pts
2 steamed dumplings 4pts
2 tablespoons of brown sauce on side 1pt
Chinese takeout done right! YUM
Truthfully with the holidays hitting I've been half-assing it and eating stuff that I rarely do (and only at this time of year.) However, I'm super excited to really grab this program and run with it. I did massive shopping today and I'm ready to commit 100% to getting back to goal. 

I'll share some recipes in upcoming posts. 

I really think that Weight Watchers has nailed it with their current program. 

Hope you are all doing well! 

XO
Jen 






No comments: