Is this thing on?
Are any of you still out there?
It's been a looooong time since my last post. More than a year as a matter of fact.
Even though it's been forever and a day I'm back.
|From Fat to Finish Line on Netflix!|
Writing this blog provided me:
1. Accountability and
2. A journal of sorts.
I need both so here I am.
First things first, A few highlights/ not so highlights from the last year or so:
|Some of us FFTFL'ers in Dublin at 5K|
- From Fat to Finish Line the documentary is doing well and you can watch it on Netflix, iTunes, Amazon and other streaming services.
- Thanks in part to the film, From Fat to Finish Line has grown into a big, supportive FB community and company. We have resources for new and overweight runners. You can join the FB community HERE, Learn how to run your first mile HERE, and check out our website HERE.
- I ran two Ragnars last year (Del Sol and Poconos) which really made me fall in love with Ragnar.
- I celebrated my 45th birthday in Dublin, Ireland with the FFTFL tribe.
- From Fat to Finish Line had an amazing meet-up in Las Vegas again.
- I am up 25 pounds from my goal weight.
- I have dealt with depression.
- I have been struggling to run and get my workouts in.
- I moved to a new apartment.
|Van 1 Ragnar Del Sol: Team Running Down a Dream|
So here's my goals for 2018 in no particular order:
HEALTH: I need to get back to basics and cut the shit. I've not been doing the right thing. I intend to make my health a priority by: Losing the 25 pounds I gained and get back to goal. I will accomplish this by running at least 3x's a week, weight training at least twice a week, choosing healthy foods and tracking by sticking to Weight Watchers.
I will commit to and make drinking my water a priority. I will cut down or cut out alcohol. I will take my vitamins, and avoid gluten. I will continue to see my therapist and find ways to cope with stuff that doesn't involve food or alcohol such as meditation.
HOME: I will disconnect from electronics when connecting with friends and family. I will make human interaction a priority and spend less time, nose down in my computer and wasting time on social media like FB. I will also honor my home itself by keeping the clutter down and keeping my home clean and organized. When it's a mess it drives me crazy and doesn't help anything!
CAREER: I will continue to build the From Fat to Finish Line brand. This is my life and passion. I am committed to chugging forth in giving my best when it comes to the company. I want to reach my finish line goals and I want others to as well. I will finish my life coaching course which has me studying how to support others in mental/emotional/physical and spiritual health. This not only helps me to be able to support the FFTFL tribe but it is teaching me how to cope with my own stuff too!
RUN: Although mentioned in my "Health" section above - Running deserves its own place. First of all, I have a lot of running coming up in 2018.
- I got accepted into the Chicago Marathon for 2018.
- I am running FOUR FFTFL Relays in 2018: The Buck Fifty in OH, Ragnar TN, Ragnar Chicago and Ragnar Northwest Passage.
- I'd like to run NJ half marathon at the shore and Rock 'n' Roll Vegas half.
Second of all. Running makes everything better for me. Mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually. I MUST make it a priority. I was able to keep my depression more or less in check for years just by consistenly running. This last year my running game was off and the depression came back in full force, the weight crept further up, I lost my overall mojo. I'm trying to manage, went on a mild anti-depressant and am working things out in therapy but I need my runs.
|Turning 45 in Dublin|
So while the last year or so has been a little challenging - it's all a part of life. All a part of the journey. I'm taking the positives and learning from the negatives. I'm ready to take on 2018 and make it
my bitch the best year ever!
What are some of your goals for 2018?